Thread: NLite Slipstream CD with Windows XP

NLite Slipstream CD with Windows XP

Nlite is a Windows application that aims to "open the way" for those who wish to make a Slipstream or an unattended CD. The basic requirement for the correct installation? the presence of the Net Framework 1.1. After installing the first screen that appears is that of choosing the installation path. You have to specify where we have the Windows CD (eg. Drive D, E ..). Choosing the source, the next screen requires you to specify the destination of the changed files. At this point the program begins to copy the files he needs from our CD to the directory that you specify: nothing more practical, of course, the good is about to begin!! After copying the files, the next screen provides the details of the space occupied by files modified and the remaining space on the HD. Click Next, and reach forward to the next screen: the air gets cloudier because I thought there were fewer options! Accustomed as I was to do everything by command line, facing the possibility of making a slipstreamed, unattended CD, driver and hotfix integration to even remove Windows components to click shots is great! (Too bad that the removal of Windows components almost always gives the instability and problems with the update! NDR).Since we already have a Windows CD with SP2 I am going to choose the option "Integrate Drivers", "Silent Installation Installations" (referring all unattended installation), "Patch", "Tweaks" and last but not least "Image Bootable ISO". The next phase is going to integrate the drivers: easy as drinking a glass of water! (PS The drivers are the piece of code that allows an operating system to control a hardware device as the video card, modem, printer ...) Copy the driver on our hard drive, extract them through our favorite decompression program (WinRAR or WinZIP) and "we at the mercy" to the program files for each driver INF: Easy!.

Re: NLite Slipstream CD with Windows XP

All that remains is to click forward and begin to enter the answers to various questions we get asked during installation as the serial number, nationality, etc. ... The next window is to choose the various tweaks like increasing the maximum number of connections, remove the arrows on the icons, etc ... After this interminable series of clicks, the program will begin to integrate individual drivers, and anything else we have "fed". At the end we will have an ISO image bootable.

I am having some problems. The file iedvtool.dll clarified addon, Internet Explorer 8 ends out of the cab regardless of the lyrics and plug in the extra visualizations in WMP11 going well, and saw IMAPI2 update pack is not a big loss. Ok, I will bring some changes to the pack with the public release of October, in the meantime I will test a "home" to see if I did not do damage. I do not know what the addon will vary in dimension, but I think very little, considering that the file is compressed with 7zip IE8 and not a cab, while the file wmp11.cab with the added extras you put on weight around 700 kB.

The problem is that everything it does with nLite patches, addons and tweaks it works and is ultra-tested, but it's a stretch. It's a nice program, comfortable, allows you to create a stitched image on your PC, but unless the license, at least common sense should not be used to impose such an iso on your work computer, where you pay a service. And if one does, well, its cabbage, wash hands will be absolutely complete and general, Microsoft continues and concludes who offers various addons and pack. I would also add that the systems and techniques using nLite to prepare your PCs are objectively comparable, they did not understand anything about their work, rather take a profit from unfair available materials supplied free of charge.

Distinction, terrible distinction: nLite, allows to edit files in Windows, and it is against the eula, but also the eula of nLite must be respected. And if one says that the use of the program is at your own risk, that is. Strictly speaking, the integration of the patch should be made with the appropriate parameter / integrate. But it is also true that up to Vista's official tools to deploy there were none for the general public, and the compromise seems to have been tacitly approved: nLite is for XP, but for the operating systems above is the official WAIK. And the household should be a matter of common sense, as well as licensed as tested, nLite-based solutions are good for the home PC, not for what job, where you pay special care to reason. The inclusion of the product key is going to fill in the winnt.sif file, which you can write by hand or using a handy utility tool official deployment of MS. Changes to files are taken as the patch for themes and connections.