Thread: Not able to update the winnt.sif file with nlite

Not able to update the winnt.sif file with nlite

I am an innovative to Nlite. I endeavor scrutiny stickies and did not observe this. I utilized nlite to create my test cd (previous to drivers etc). I observe with the intention of id similar to to create changes so I create the changes physically to the winnt.sif file. When I got back to nlite and create revolutionize there, when procedure is complete, my modify are not in the winnt.sif file. I frequently necessitate making the changes to the sif file subsequent to I run the nlite procedure. I am summary, revolutionize by means of the intention of I create by means of nlite are incorporated , of course, into the sif file and revolutionize I make physically are not incorporated. How be able to I get nlite to recognize the innovative sif file as an alternative of the previous one when I am creating changes in lite. I need some suggestion here related to the topic.

Re: Not able to update the winnt.sif file with nlite

The nLite does not utilize the winnt.sif commencing the source, it generate an innovative one. So of course revolutionize you created are lost. You be able to revolutionize the file manually subsequent to procedure has run, immediately previous to clicking "Make Iso", additional than if those changes are not managed by nLite, they determine to never be in the file completed by the procedure. You be able to create a entries.ini file with the intention of determine to edit winnt.sif. Its a addon, immediately add it as a hotfix and it determine to edit winnt.sif during your nlite conference If you desire additional added immediately ask and I be able to add it, not certain I be able to explain how you be able to do this. Its not by means of the intention of easy to explain to somebody who is immediately started. Do not be on familiar terms with the intention of is what I am endeavoring to get commencing you. Have not endeavor it yet. Additional than I determine to be trying. I have encompassed an additional changes I am running on, similar to endeavoring to locate how I be able to do this unattended and resolve a computer name tribulations necessitate to be capable to change computer name).

I be able to seem to wrap my head approximately what I am doing incorrect here. This is not my primary unattended disc moreover, I have encompassed and completed these several times, additional than I have comprised and had nothing additional than trouble ever in view of the fact by means of the intention of the integration of SP3. These worked extremely well by means of diminutive or no issues. I utilize a combination of Nlite and Driverpacks along by means of my own custom winnt.sif file, and here are the contents of the file: Line 52 would be the DPsfnshr.exe file beneath GuiRunOnce, additional than if I eliminate by means of the intention of line, then I take delivery of a Line 51 error for the install.bat. Several help would positively be respected. I have read, google and would etc. Additional than unable to locate somebody by means of the exact similar issue.

It worked; it was a space problem I have encompassed and always wondered regarding with the intention of myself, I consider part of the winnt.sif is engender via Nlite and I have comprised in addition utilized additional tools in the past similar to Winnt.sif Creator 2.0 and for a moment quotes were put in, and in a number of areas, they were not. I have immediately by no means messed with it to observe if it create a dissimilarity or not, superior to be familiar with the intention of I be able to go by means of one method or the additional. And the wildcard is in addition auto generated if you decide to login mechanically via Nlite. I endeavor do basically winxp install flash drive via cool WinSetupFromUSB app. I utilize Corsair Voyager 16GB and encompass nLited version or description of xp install. I have comprised and prepared nLited XP installation. Commencing orig files I eliminate merely Outlook, Messenger and MSN explorer and add login, cdkey, and a number of common things and the majority important thing: RunOnce characteristic. And here start tribulations. In this RunOnce characteristic I have comprised and configured additional software to silent install subsequent to xp install is finished(office, adob reader, and additional stuff). If I run nLited iso commencing CD its RunOnce running extremely well.

I have encompassed no idea where with the intention of the alternative in nLite is and what it does. On the other hand, in view of the fact with the intention of it's running commencing a CD most of them be supposed to be capable to get it running commencing USB as well. Do you encompass several idea what is accurately executed by RunOnce. Is it a accomplish the mentioned nlite.cmd. If it is simply it give pleasure to attach it by means of your subsequently position. There might be immediately erroneous path or tag files. RunOnce is characteristic where you are able to define commands, which start on primary start up of installed OS. In my case is here command "%source%installall.bat". As most recent step of xp installation is generated user profile(I imagine). If I nlited xp source files burn on to cd, previous to generating user profile is started RunOnce commands: "%source%installall.bat" If I utilize the similar nlited xp source files for organize usb flash disk via WinSetupFromUSB. The whole thing runs extremely well.

I have been having this similar predicament. I have comprised and position XP on a couple laptops, and they have the entire given the battery installer error. The VPC does not demonstrate this tribulations by means of an error communication, additional than in the device manager, no battery is present. I took a base XP CD, supplementary ryanVM's to bring up to date pack, then eliminated Keyboards and Languages, and tranquil have the battery tribulations. Do not be familiar by means of why moreover one of those would cause such a tribulations. I had this tribulations by means of a Dell Inspiron e1505, the CD I was utilizing worked extremely well by means of a HP Compaq additional than when I endeavor installing on this Dell I got the battery Installer error. I was utilizing XP pro SP2 and Ryans Update pack incorporated and a small number of additional updates commencing ryans site. Subsequent to endeavoring a diminutive numeral of things to fix the tribulations I gave up and endeavor an install by means of my innovative windows disc without even SP2 then downloaded in excess of 80 updates, worked without several tribulations at the entire.

I regularly create XP auto installation disks and I like to use a final winnitt sif file which includes a host of individual settings that are not covered by nlite or other auto install programs. As previously mentioned the later versions on nlite do not create a winnitt sif file that you can manualy edit. However the work around that I employ is to use an older version of nlite 1.4.6 which does create and uses a winnitt sif file. I have been using this method to create customised XP sp3 disks with no problems.