Thread: Autopartition help with winnt.sif

Autopartition help with winnt.sif

Is it probable to computerize the partitioning step. I recently and immediately desire to eliminate the entire partitions and execute a full format (not a quickformat) as NTFS. I physically edited my nlite preset to contain: Autopartition=1 I have comprised by no means physically edited a preset previous to, so perhaps I am doing something wrong. I had generated a preset in nLite, closed nLite, edited the predetermined in a text editor, and ran it from side to side nLite the entire in excess of again by means of with the intention of preset and skipped the complete steps except burning the ISO. I need some help here.

Re: Autopartition help with winnt.sif

If you have encompassed the selection on 1 then Windows Setup determine to install the OS on several free separation by means of the intention of is obtainable. If you eliminate this line or if you position AutoPartition=0 then setup determine to ask you on which separation you aspiration to install Windows onto and recommend you what to do if your separation previously contains an OS. If you utilize merely diskettes to boot. If "Yes" is input, this determine to tell Setup you are working with an installation of the Unattended type. Setting this alternative to FullUnattended determine to execute a completely unattended install, which utilize the winnt.sif answer file to answer all the Setup query, you determine to have no alternative to revolutionize these reply during setup. Additional values be able to be found in the Ref.chm file by means of the intention of was mentioned on the generating an reply File page. This alternative is defaulting to No additional than if you are utilizing the OEM Distribution Folders then it requirements to be set to Yes, so by means of the intention of Setup regards this installation as a allocation and copies these files in excess of to the system drive. This happens at the end of Text-mode Setup. Having OemPre install set to Yes determine to in addition protect you commencing loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup.

You be supposed to by no means run nLite on a similar XP source additional than on one occasion. On the other hand, it's okay when you immediately open Nlite in order to generate an ISO. As for the part by means of autopartition, did you endeavor the Search function on the discussion. There are abundance of topics covered regarding how nLite runs. Anyway, Autopartition=1 be supposed to be positioned in WINNT.SIF, which you be able to locate in the I386 (or AMD64) in your XP CD subsequent to nLite is completed. I desire to generate 3 partitions on Hard Disk 1st partition of 8 GB, Second of 10 GB and 3rd is of rest obtainable space. At present I desire to automate the disk separation part at the identical time as doing the Windows XP Setup. Efficiently I am giving the impression of being at with the intention of answer file (winnt.sif) respond the setup to generate the entire the pre-specified separation and user be supposed to not be asked for manual creation (Partitions be supposed to be formatted mechanically). I desire the process of winxp setup on raw hard-disk as fully unattended. As almost immediately as the user insert the bootable cd, he/she be supposed to end-up by means of freshly installed winxp on PC.

I do not be familiar by means of if you be able to do with the intention of commencing [DiskConfig] or not. I have by no means come across no matter which similar to that in my searches. I have managed to do it, additional than I utilized the WinPE method. I generated a DVD and created so by means of the intention of it boots in to PE, runs a diskpart / format script, then proceeds to the install. It is the entire automated, additional than you said you do not desire to utilize WinPE. You be able to do this, other than you necessitate to implement moreover BartPE or WinPE to do this and utilizing a MS tool called diskpart.exe. I am not conscious of several additional method to do this, additional than utilizing a bootable floppy disk with the intention of does diskpart and then calls winnt.exe by means of suitable switches.

I have endeavor my entire efforts and was capable to skip setup at the appointed time for hard-disk partition. At this instant the present scenario is with the intention of the setup is not asking for separation formation and its formatting to the user, additional than it is taking complete of obtainable disk space for the most important partition and starts installing setup in by means of the intention of separation merely. I was capable to do 50%, additional than how to configure 3 partition is tranquil remaining. I have encompassed and completed winnt.sif utilizing nLITE and burn the image for bootable cd. What would the script or batch file come into view similar to auto partition 3 partitions by means of diskpart if with the intention of is the merely the method it be able to be completed. The AutoPartition=0 is not utilized to say, generate simply one partition. It is utilized to tell, choose the separation which has the majority free space, as the installation partition.

The nLite does not utilize the winnt.sif commencing the source, it generate a innovative one. So of course revolutionize you create are lost. You be able to modify the file physically subsequent to the procedure has run, immediately previous to clicking "Make Iso", additional than if those changes are not managed by nLite, they determine to by no means be in the file completed by the procedure. You be able to create a entries.ini file by means of the intention of determine to edit winnt.sif. It’s a genuine pain to go commencing side to side the procedure and put in a number of changes physically repeatedly for the reason by means of the intention of nlite does not handle impressive (similar to Autopartition). I determine to have to deal by means of it.