Thread: How do I separate Windows from programs

How do I separate Windows from programs

I am using windows 7 in my system as I have recently formatted the system and want to separate its drive into two part one of it that is D will be for windows file and the other C for the every thing else. Because my last drive I was using wasn't partitioned. I want it to make happen by windows itself automatically. Is there any solution for this problem. Can anybody suggest me how to make windows do its thing automatically so that it can download and install the programs in the C drive instead of the D drive. Please help me.

Re: How do I separate Windows from programs

I would like to suggest you to not to go through a complicated way just use a simple way as I have done in my problem. Actually I was facing the same problem rather then doing the complicated way what I did was so simple. I have done just a simple click on the installation path every time and after this I have changed the letter of the application which I have installed in the system. it works for me I hope it will work for you to. Try this I think this will help you to get the solution.

As you want to change the location of the program files then I would like to give you some steps which may be helpful to you just go through the points I giving you below:
    • Just click on the start and then Go to the run and type the regedit.
    • After this enter the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    • After a right click on the programfilesdir registry value just click on modify.
    • In the default data box type the location of the folder and then click OK.

Actually people want to separate the drive so that they do not lose the data which they have stored during a reload. A subsequent partition would be fine for private documents, pictures and music. You could convey my documents to that partition for security. If you are gazing to enhance speed then addition of a subsequent HDD and moving the page folder would insert speed nevertheless no subject what programs will have to be re-installed later than a reload. Hope that helps.