Thread: Windows 7 asks for periodic reactivation

Windows 7 asks for periodic reactivation

I was using the Windows xp from a long time and recently switched over from the it to the windows 7 which i purchased from the Microsoft Website. After three days it provided me a message at the start up of the system that your Windows 7 activation has expired and you need to buy the license for the further use but i purchase it 3 days back. So what is the problem with the operating system and how can i resolve it; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the issue.

Re: Windows 7 asks for periodic reactivation

The problem that you mentioned is not very common and you have to contact the Microsoft for these but before that just tell me what is the system date and the system ti me on your machine that will help me to resolve the problem. This information will help me to overcome the problem in an effective way.

These problem mostly occur when there is a trouble with the CMOS battery in the system. As the CMOS battery loses the charge or it is not working in a proper way, it provides these kind of the errors. To resolve these problem you need to replace the CMOS battery with another CMOS battery of the similar type and the cost of the CMOS battery is not that big, these will resolve your problem.

The system date on my computer is 22/12/2020 and the time is 12:20 pm which is not correct at all as the real time is 2:30 pm and the date is 1/11/2010. I have tried again to login in to the system but the same problem was there.So what should i do in order to resolve these problem any advice will help to resolve the problem.

As you have mentioned that the system date and the time is not correct then there is a problem in the CMOS battery as i also suffered the with the same problem last summer. To resolve these problem you need to change the CMOS battery from the system and the battery should be of the same kind which you were using in the system, this will resolve your problem and you can first try to charge the battery by keeping the system on for more than 24 hours.

Dr. V Guest

The license that you have purchased for the Windows 7 (64 bit) ultimate from the Microsoft website is not proper and it is the reason for these issue. So to resolve these problem you need to contact the Microsoft customer care assistance and provide the purchase copy to them and ask for another license, this will definitely resolve your problem and the Windows 7 will get activated from there.

Your computer is losing its time or date settings as you have mentioned, or you are getting a message CMOS Read Error, CMOS checksum error, or CMOS Battery Failure, first effort to leave the computer on for 24 hours. In a number of cases this can charge the battery and solve your problem. This often solves CMOS battery connected issues when a computer has been left off for quite a few months and if then too there is a problem then replace the CMOS battery with a new one.