Thread: Ubuntu not prepared for Prime Time

Ubuntu not prepared for Prime Time

I first tried installing and using Linux about one year ago, and I gave up after I was not able to identify my modem. I tried again six months ago and everything worked fine, and I now use Ubuntu on my main computer. But now I am facing Problems with it. It is not ready to work for major time? Can anyone help me?

Re: Ubuntu not prepared for Prime Time

The USB installation method is particular on what type of flash drive you use. For a little flash device, it works instantly away and installation proceeds normally. Except some others, it gets fixed at the boot screen showing this line: "Syslinux 4.02 2010-07-21 EDD Copyright (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anwin et Al"

According to me the installer was unsuccessful to identify the graphic card used in the laptop. Mine is a Sony Vaio Y with Core i3 UM. So it just shows vacant screen while outputting the display to an outer monitor. I need attach to a monitor through the VGA cable. Installation is complete. But after first boot, I tried to adjust the display setting to output to the laptop screen in its place. Both screens go blank and I need to reset.

There are several bugs. There are plenty of quirks you need to work about, etc. But the support is good and always improving and Ubuntu is seeing some outstanding integration work with outside services that really excites me. Unhappily I think they are hurting themselves in other areas like laptops, where the hardware driver issue is even vast.