Thread: Hard drive not detected via usb boot

Hard drive not detected via usb boot

I have a predicament by means of I endeavor to boot and inaugurate the win7x64 on the subsequent separation of my usb attach, the windows setup not be able to observe the HDD additional than the xp, win7x32 and bartPE be able to observe it. I utilize the MULTIpartitionUSBstick tool to separation the USB stick. Determine to the win7x64 source on the subsequent separation of my UFD create the win7 setup program not be able to observe my HDD on my desktop. I was endeavoring to read the article regarding mutli vista source on similar separation, additional than I actually do not understand how to do. Why does it encompass to be partitioned.

Re: Hard drive not detected via usb boot

I am endeavoring to install commencing the USB. I read the commentary on the download page it supposed I not be able to have encompassed 2 win7 source on the similar separation. I read an additional article regarding multiple source on the similar separation, excluding I do not be familiar by means of how to do it. I am having the asrocks 770 extreme 3 by means of SATA drive, I endeavor together IDE and AHCI mode, and the entire the source on the 1st partition on USB flash be able to observe my HD attached on the Mobo additional than not the source on the 2nd separation. Yes, the entire source on the first separation is able to observe the HDD other than not the source on the second partition.

The NTLDR uses boot.ini which then commence grub4dos mechanically explanation for not utlizing boot.ini is for the reason by means of the intention of grub4dos is better superiority in handling and loading bootloaders whereas boot.ini requirements boot sectors which determine to cut out one extra step. Grub4dos has additional functionality which most of them be able to add to later such as imitate virtual hard disks and fdd's, it be able to load Vista's BOOTMGR unswervingly and in addition its menu is in addition superior to give the impression of being at. Reason why I individually did not load grub4dos's bootsector unswervingly to the hard drive additional than went through the trouble of utlizing NTLDR (boot.ini).

This applies to no matter which by means of the intention of uses WINPE1 (Windows FLP inaugurate, BartPE, ERD Commander, etc) As PE was primarily proposed to be run off a CD the original organization for them would be surrounded by the [i386] folder. If your PE came commencing a USB source it would be in the database [minint].It's not significant which folder it is in for the reason with the intention of most of them determine to rename them on one occasion it is copied to the USB hard drive anyways. You have to create certain you copy winbom.ini to the USB root as well. WinFLP requires the entire supplementary folders on the CD to be on the USB root, such as the [Setup] which residence the flp.wim which setup necessitate.

You not be able to load a x64 setup commencing a x86 WINPE2, the work approximately for this is to copy contented of the SOURCES folder (containing Setup.exe additional than not including boot.wim and install.wim) commencing the x86 version or description of the Vista source. Most significant do not overwrite the install.wim in the objective folder or you determine to presently be installing the x86 version! On one occasion you encompass modified the WINPE2, create certain you commend the changes. If you encompass additional than one WINPE2 on your USB, you determine to then necessitate to edit the bcd store inside the BOOT database on the root of your USB utilize bcdedit.exe.

First when I endeavor the usb_multiboot6 program it runs absolutely when installing XP additional than the tribulations at present is by means of the intention of I be able to merely have encompassed 1 xp source. The program creates hard drive setup folders $WIN_NT$.~BT and $WIN_NT$.~LS. This creates it extremely complicated to add a second source as they would necessitate to replace the defaulting folders. I in addition endeavor renaming these folders as well as the txtsetup.sif and bootldr files and reinstate them by means of another source other than by means of the intention of did not run moreover.