Thread: New build operating system installation problems

New build operating system installation problems

I am facing an unusual problem while installing the windows 7. Whenever I tried to do the clean installation of windows 7 I have got the screen standby problem. I have no idea why I am getting this problem. The thing here is that when I insert the disk in the CD ROM which contains the windows 7 setup, then it reads the bootable disk and the process starts but immediately after that the screen goes black. I guess which is nothing but the power standby mode but then the question comes in my mind is that if it is the power standby mode then why it is showing me the setup loading message. And once I get this message then it is unable for me to exit. I don’t know why it is giving me this type of error. As I have configured the system recently I am worried a lot. Please help me in solving the problem.

Re: New build operating system installation problems

It sounds like the system is crashing while you are trying to install the setup. I just want know one thing that whether it has happened with any other operating system also, like windows XP or Vista. The main problem here is with the video cards that you are using. The thing is that the video card is the one who is shutting down itself. And due to this the monitor is going to sleep mode because of the loss of the signal. The actual signal lost is caused by the video card, since the card is not responding to the set up and that is the reason why the screen goes black or on standby mode. So in this case what you have to do is just uninstall the current video card and then try and use any alternate one but better than it. And then see whether it is giving the same problem. If not then it is confirm that your problem is with the video card just replace it with the latest and best in the business. I hope that this will solve your problem for sure.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you are not installing the windows 7 setup in the proper manner. The thing here is that if you commit any mistake while you are installing the setup of any operating system than definitely it will give you errors like you are facing now. Now what you have to do here is that just make sure you are using the proper medium for installing the setup, that is nothing but the CD that you are using must be original. And if you have downloaded the setup than it must be from the official site of Microsoft. What happens that if we try and use any unofficial product than it may happen that some of the important files are missing in it. So I suggest you to first check out whether you are doing the setup with the appropriate medium.

To get rid of this problem you have to perform the system memory test. It may happen that the system is not responding to the setup installation process due to the system memory problem. And to do this you have to use the Memtest86+. This is a small program that verifies the stability of the subsystem. So what you have to do here is that just run the Memtest86+ file. That will give you the brief idea regarding the performance of your system’s memory. And see to it whether there is any problem that can be solved by you, if yes than solve. And if nothing wrong with the system memory then you have to do one thing just check out the same setup with any other monitor, to see whether there is any problem in the monitor or not. If the setup goes fine then there must be the problem in the screen itself so change the monitor and place the new one

I think that there is the problem in the system of yours. It may happen that the system configurations are not supporting the operating system that you are trying to install. For example if you will try to install windows 7 on a Celeron processor then it will definitely give you an error because it windows 7 is not compatible with the Celeron processors or the P3. And it may be the same issue with you also that is the compatibility issue. The compatibility issue is the only one that leads to such errors while operating system installation. So what you have to do here is that post the system configuration of your system. It will help me to find out where the problem actually. And I hope that I can give you the proper solution for it. And also will take care that the problem will never repeat for you in the future.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for giving solutions on it. But the thing here is that I am still facing the same problem, I was not able to solve it at any cost. As mentioned by you to perform the memory test it tried it but I really don’t know how to do it so please guide me in doing the same. And what is Memtest86+ and how it is performed. As asked by you here are the system configuration of my system:
    • Processor -corei5-760 CPU
    • video card- ATI 5770 1gb
    • RAM - 4gb kingston 1333
    • Hard disk -2tb Samsung sata
    • Power supply- 650W Corsair TX6650W PSU
    • system case- RAIDMAX Unicorn case.

To do the Memtest86+ you have to follow the below steps:
    1. First of all Download Memtest86+
    2. Make sure that you download it for the CD Version
    3. Then just save that Downloaded file on your desktop.
    4. Then you have to right click the file and choose Extract All
    5. After that you have to create a bootable disk
    6. For this you have to insert a Blank CD in the CD ROM
    7. And then you have to burn the same with the extracted folder
    8. You can identify the folder easily it will have this name” memtest86+.iso”
    9. Once you will create your bootable disk than restart your system keeping the disk inserted
    10. Memtest86+ should now boot from the disk itself