Thread: Windows Live BETA : file wlidcli.dll missing

Windows Live BETA : file wlidcli.dll missing

I am getting error in the windows live beta. Actually I have downloaded the beta file and in that when I try to open it at that time it says that "wlidcli.dll" file is missing and system is not able to find that. And after this program cannot be opened in that and it get terminated. So please tell me in order to fix this issue what should I do. Regarding this I have tried to search on the most of the site but I cannot get appropriate solution for this.

Re: Windows Live BETA : file wlidcli.dll missing

I have read your post and regarding this issue if you are able to provide some extra information then it would be easy for me to assist you in the right direction. Can you tell me that when you are getting the error message? Is it at the time of installing the downloaded Beta installer or when you try to launch one of the Beta programs? And are you getting the error and if yes then on which program you are getting this error. And can you tell me currently which operating system you are using?

Hey buddy thanks for the quick reply because currently I am going through the same situation with msnmsgr.exe. And I have windows 7 operating system. But in this the sad part is that I cannot uninstall MSNmsgr because I am not able to get the location for this on my windows 7 so in order to get rid from his I have reinstall this one more time. And when I reboot my Pc the error message comes on at the time of rebooting it. And it displays the message that "The program can't start because wlidcli.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." So please help me that what should I do to get away from this problem.

I think by reading this you are able to uninstall Windows Live client from your computer.
    • In windows XP tick on Start and then tick on Run
    • In Windows Vista or Windows 7 tick on Start and type appwiz.cpl on the search windows and then hit the enter button.
    • And after that type the appwiz.cpl then press Enter
    • And there get the Windows Live Essentials and from there you tick on the Change/Remove button.
    • And after this window will appear in front of you just select their uninstall option and then click on the continue option. And in last you just follow the onscreen instructions.

1. There is little bit of work is more after uninstalling the windows live. After successfully uninstallation you enable the windows firewall and there you tick on the Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall on or off > Turn on Windows Firewall > OK. And for installing the windows live essentials you just click here. And if you want Windows Live Essentials Beta then click here. After this you tick on the essentials and there you choose the language and click to the download now option .After doing this much you just install me here that what is happened.

I am facing the similar kind of issue. In my case I have run the update for the new windows live essentials and after that I ran my messenger and mail all stopped working. And in this is showing me that I am missing the wlidcli.dll file. So I have tried to uninstall this but I am not able to uninstall this completely. I have checked this in to the add remove program it is still there in the program dialog box. So because of this I am not able to install it again completely because it is not yet fully uninstall. So in order to fix this issue what should I do?