Thread: Picture shown at satrtup of windows XP

Picture shown at satrtup of windows XP

I recently got a computer from a dealer that demonstrates an image at windows start up using the "Microsoft office picture manager". The trouble is that the Operating System stops loading until I close the "Microsoft office picture manager". It is really very maddening to close this picture every time when I start my computer. How can I come out of this problem? Any ideas how I stop picture to be loaded at start up of my windows?

Re: Picture shown at satrtup of windows XP

I think this is probably going to be controlled by one of the startup services or programs. You can disable them selectively, or disable all of them at one time to see if that gets rid of them. I also try, booting to Safe mode and considering if it is still shows that picture. And yes one more thing, this may also because of the virus problem. You might also want to scan for malware and viruses. OR try this: Go to Start -Run and then type ‘msconfig’ and you can find and regulate what runs at startup.

You can modify or remove the picture that appears on the Windows XP splash screen or startup screen. No require to use default boot screen. It is good to see new picture or just to make an impact on your friend or family. There is some software available for this:
    1. Download the “TGTSoft’s”
    2. “UserXP Boot Editor”

This software permits you to modify your boot screen. And to remove the Picture startup of windows XP just click on start, run. And then type “msconfig”. Here you can find the details and make changes and reset the startup settings.

I have some solution for you. May this will help you to solve your problem. Just follow the below steps which help you to change or disable the startup image.
    1. First click on the Start -Control Panel- User Accounts.
    2. Select the account or profile which has the startup image that you want to change or remove.
    3. Click on "Change my picture (If you want to change). Or click on remove (if you want remove)"
    4. And then click OK.

You successfully remove your startup picture.