Thread: How to automate the Winsetup from USB

How to automate the Winsetup from USB

From several years I have been using the original DVD to install windows XP. I was get bored when the setup is asking for some manual changes again and again. After I used Winsetup from USB which can be downloaded from the internet resources. When I was booting from the USB stick there shows two options, one from the partition 0 and another from the internal Hard Disk. I choose these two options one by one when the system reboots. I want make this setup in a automatic way which are like in unattended XP DVD. Is there any way to make it simpler like press once and wait for finish?
    Last edited by @bLERINA@; 29-10-2010 at 12:13 PM.

I presume that if you can make DVD unattended to install XP then you are capable of making things in bootable USB. It is your experiment which adds the advantage to your needs. You have to alter the grub4dos menu in a conditional execution manner. It may takes your some time but it can be possible to automate it.

Install your USB drive with windows OS. The main root files are default and windefault. These key files are read by the Grub4dos commandline to decide the automatic selection. After selecting the first option it becomes as a default entry and the second option remains the same. If there any changes will happen, it will save in the windefault. If you want to continue with another setup, edit the windefault using notepad and change 2 with 1. Do not change anything else in that.

You will be prompted for 2 options when you are booting from the USB stick. One is PLoP Boot Manager and the other is Windows XP Setup. There could be problem in making things simpler when you use the UDB stick for other purpose. If it is only for XP installation then follow the same procedure of automating the CD like the bootfix.bin

There are several ways, copying a file to the internal hard disk may be one way. The other thing is you have to make the grub4dos like it will select the steps from the list unless it waits for the user request. It is a reversed way means reversing the default way. I think you need to work either on USB or the system for switching the process