Thread: Windows7 x 32 - Cannot update files or drivers to integrate

Windows7 x 32 - Cannot update files or drivers to integrate

Hi,
    I am having dell laptop with Windows7 x64 operating system. When i use this OS then my system works well and I am able to update all the files or the drivers. But the problem i am facing is with the 32-bit OS. When i install the Windows7 x 32 operating system. With this OS it is not allowing me to updates files and drivers. Also i am unable to update my log file i.e. dism.log. What is the actual cause of the problem? Is the problem related with my OS or hard drive or some other reason for that? Does any one have knowledge about this problem? Please advise me some solution so that i can solve my issue. Please help. Thanks
    Last edited by Road-Runner; 29-10-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Re: Windows7 x 32 - Cannot update files or drivers to integrate

I think that the 32-bit OS which you are using might have been corrupted. I will advise you to do the following try on your machine.
    1-Try to reinstall the OS.
    2-Manually try to download downloads the fresh copy of windows 7 -32-bit OS and then install it.
    I hope that if you will try this out, then it will work for you. If the problem does not get solved after doing this, then reply me back.

I think you need to name for your iso file with max 16 characters or you can also use a simple name. You will also have to give the names to the folder at the root of the hard drive. So you can try this out for your Windows7 x 32 OS. Even i have tried this solution on my system and it was able to solve my issue. I hope that it will also solve your issue.

I am also getting the same problem on my system. But the problem is reversed in my case. It is working well with the 32 -bit OS and if i use the system with the 64-bit OS, then it does not allow me to updates the files and the drivers on my system. I have tried many solution for solving this problem, but not able to solve it out. I have also tried the solution which is provided above. So can you please provide me the solution for this issue? Finally i would also like to that to all who have posted their replies here.