Thread: How to Integrate with DNS in Active Directory?

How to Integrate with DNS in Active Directory?

I have recently started learning about the Active Directory and its part, so it is obvious that I am not having enough ideas about it. Now I am learning to do integration with DNS. I just know that the Active Directory is tightly integrated with the domain name system. I want to learn more about it as I am very much interested in this topic. So I am requesting you members to provide some useful information about the same. Also please tell me how to Integrate with DNS in Active Directory? Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: How to Integrate with DNS in Active Directory?

To create a new DNS server based on Windows Server 2003, you must install the OS on a server connected to the network. Because DNS is not installed by default during installation of Windows Server 2003, you must install on the server. You can install the DNS service based on Windows Server 2003 during installation of Windows Server 2003 or after the initial installation. To install the DNS service based on Windows Server 2003 in an existing Windows Server 2003.
    1. Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Add / Remove Programs and then click Add / Remove Windows Components.
    3. In the Windows Components Wizard, click Networking Services in the Components list and then click Details.
    4. In the Services dialog box network, select the check box Domain Name System (DNS) if not checked, and click OK.
    5. In the Windows Components Wizard, click Next to start the installation program Windows Server 2003. When prompted, insert the CD-ROM for Windows Server 2003 on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM equipment. The installation program copies the DNS computer files and tools.
    6. When installation is complete, click Finish.

The DNS namespace is distributed on the Internet used to resolve computer names and services in TCP / IP addresses. Most companies operating intranets use DNS as name resolution service. Active Directory uses DNS as a locator service. The Windows 2000 domain names are DNS domain names. For example, "Microsoft.com" is a valid DNS domain name and could also be the name of a Windows 2000 domain. Its tight integration with Active Directory enables DNS to find its place in internet and intranet environments. Customers are directory servers quickly and easily. Companies can connect directly to Active Directory servers to the Internet to facilitate the implementation of communications and electronic commerce applications secure with their customers and partners.

Active Directory servers publish their addresses so that clients can find from their own domain names. Active Directory servers are published in the DNS resource records through services (SRV RR - Resource Record Service). The resource record of service is a DNS record used to map the name of a service address of a server offering that service. Its name is of the form:
    <Service>. <Protocol>. <Domain>
    Active Directory servers offer the service LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) over TCP so that the names published in the form:
    ldap.tcp.
    Thus, the registration service resource for "Microsoft.com" is "ldap.tcp.microsoft.com".

Other registration information indicates the priority and weight given to the server, which allows customers to choose the server that best fits their needs. When an Active Directory server is installed, it publishes itself by dynamic DNS (see definition in next paragraph). Insofar as the TCP / IP addresses are subject to change over time, the servers periodically check their registration information to ensure they are correct, and update if necessary. Dynamic DNS is a recent addition to the standard DNS .. It defines a protocol for dynamic update of DNS with new values or changed values. Before the onset of dynamic DNS, administrators had to manually configure the records stored by DNS servers.