Thread: Repair Windows Script Host (WSH/scripting) in XP Service Pack 3

Repair Windows Script Host (WSH/scripting) in XP Service Pack 3

I have just installed a new Windows software by changing the service pack to service pack 3. The problem is that after installing the service pack 3 the windows is facing a problem in the host. I think that the script host installation of the windows have been corrupted but I don't have an assurance that through this the problem is faced by my computer. Please give me a solution for this problem cause its driving the hell out of me and i wanted my computer to be working again in normal condition.

Re: Repair Windows Script Host (WSH/scripting) in XP Service Pack 3

First i would like you to suggest that you go the start menu and then go the run option and type the below given command one by one and you must note each of the output reply and keep it in the output message:
    regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
    regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
    regsvr32.exe wshom.ocx
    regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
    regsvr32.exe -i shell32.dll
    After the steps have been completed you can restart the computer and see that whether its working or not. I hope that it should work after doing the following procedure.

The other option you can try is that you can click on the start button of the windows and in the run dialog box type the cmd option and proceed further with looking what is being displayed in the command prompt like the following should be displayed as follows:
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Then it should display as CScript scriptname.extension [option...] [arguments...]
    The following option list is being displayed and then you can verify whether your using is a genuine Service pack 3 or not.
    After the steps have been completed press exit of the command prompt button and start a new thread and report back your SH version.
    Last edited by Lillebror; 28-10-2010 at 03:54 PM.

The other option you have is that you can have a problem with the third party package and not with that of the XP or it would be like the unspecified program that your trying to run will not be in sync with the version that you have installed in your current Windows XP. You got to check it that whether the service pack is having any issue of synchronizing with the given devices or not.