Thread: Install Win7 64 bit over 32 bit on new SSD(x-25M)

Install Win7 64 bit over 32 bit on new SSD(x-25M)

Hi,I presently constructing a fresh system yesterday. I fix windows 7 32 bit by error on my fresh SSD. My query is can I re-install 64bit above the 32 bit? Moreover what steps do I require to go throughout on SSD to fresh up current window 7 edition? How do I identify that TRIM utility is working on my win7? Then I read one more editorial that HDDERASE 3.3 works and tried that but not got any result. I organized my BIOS through AHCI and PC is working well. Please help me. Thank You.

Re: Install Win7 64 bit over 32 bit on new SSD(x-25M)

Immediately run the format rule from the Window 7 fix GUI and the drive will be arranging the similar way so as to a HDD would be. There is no means of meaningful if TRIM is operating additional than if you contain the ACHI MS default driver, or enhanced the new RST driver and you are using Windows 7 then you are fine to go away. The useless performance inquiry DisableDeleteNotify only inform you so as to the OS is distributing the TRIM command and it does this by default. I think this may be helpful to you to get the desired solution.

You be able to try duplicate your Windows 7 installation more than to the SSD, other than you might be improved off spotless installing however the calibration doesn't approach out accurate. You would require constructing your healing Disks to utilize to set up to the fresh SSD. Intel has additional measures as soon as installing to a fresh drive which you should interpret on in the instruction booklet on Intel's support Downloads webpage intended for your copy. May be Recovery Disks run on an SSD - Intel tech support may however don't depend on it? if not you desire all of the distend ware you'd be well again off starting new by means of a spotless set up at the same time as other HD is unplugged, after that you can plug up it again in later to duplicate in or boot it if essential by means of F2 BIOS Boot Menu key.I think this may help you to get the desired solution. As many have replied that it works for them so I would like to suggest you to try doing this.
    Last edited by Lillebror; 28-10-2010 at 06:11 AM.

At this time I have something which worked for me. I had no troubles by means of a kingston value ssd. However by means of a partiot ps-100, I had to be imaginative. By means of maxblast 5, I had a board breakdown at the same time as demanding to do a drive to drive print. So behind distributing the board back to biostar (rma time 9 days which is outstanding), I purchased an alike extra board at frays. By means of maxblast 5.0, I set of connections to the patriot drive as the fresh boot device, chosen a drive to drive print, and the system power-driven down. I detached the patriot ssd and rebooted by means of a sata drive until the windows monitor come into view, and rapidly linked the patriot drive so maxblast would observe it and end the drive to drive print. What I believe occured the first time was that windows were trying to boot up to the unfilled ssd and the board stopped. Maxblast won't fill with no windows working in the backdrop. This time maxblast done well and I detached the sata drive to save power If you require your sata drive for storage space, then you might desire to create it a secondary device at the same time as using the ssd. This may need a configuration by maxblast; you'll now have to attempt it. You can backup your documents first by means of windows 7 using a dvd.

If it's not an initial age group Intel, you're not in mood of selling the drive, and you're not using it in a RAID collection, I observe no advantage to secure erasing it. Otherwise you can try doing secure erasing only sign your Windows set up disk at the drive, and go off. I would like to suggest you to do some Edit:
    • Detach all additional drives to make sure Windows doesn't set up boot documents exterior the SSD.
    • There are too many ideas to stay Windows from creating the little 100Mb boot separation; however you'll require supporting the disk if you don't presently allow Windows do its thing.

I am attempting to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit above the 32 bit. I do not desire to set up above the present OS. Attempted to utilize HDDERASE to clean out spotless and set up Win7 64 bit however it did fails. HDDERASE cannot get any drive as of CD-ROM boot by means of HIREN 11. I currently got my 64bit Win7 CD today will attempt tonight to set up. As a lot of extra people recommended trying Win set up rather trying HDDERASE.i have done quite changes in the process just use the windows 7 assembled installer to configure drive. If that doesn't works which is intended for a few reason, then clear in your mind that you put the bios to AHCI form previous to installing windows 7 64bit.