Thread: Hibernation not working when lid is close

Hibernation not working when lid is close

Be able to somebody advise how to set by means of the intention of the pc enters into hibernation subsequent to close the display. When I reopen the screen, it be supposed to punctual up the password box for entering the password. Presently it seems to enter into sleep mode. I would similar to save the energy by situation it into hibernation. My hard drive is a uses GPT and is set of connections in a hybrid HFS+/NTFS format. I am utilizing a dsdt.aml file situated in the efi partition additional than I am attractive certain this does not have an effect on windows. When I endeavor to enter hibernation the system determine to go to the user login screen by means of my current user tranquil logged in. This is a pain as when my system runs out of power I lose several unsaved work. Hoping that this be able to be sorted out!

Re: Hibernation not working when lid is close

I in addition saw your post in excess of here (forgot which) talking regarding this similar tribulations. I ran the hexedit, and completed Win7's separation active. Hibernate at present runs, other than not in the technique by means of the intention of I would similar to. I be able to select hibernation as an alternative in the start menu, and the entire is well. On the other hand, I would similar to my Lenovo S10 netbook to go to sleep when I close the lid, then hibernate 20 minutes subsequent to by means of the intention of similar to it used to when I merely had Win7, and not OSX by means of Chameleon. No matter what my settings are, it does not hibernate subsequent to sleeping for X quantity of minutes no matter what I do.

Dissimilar to Windows, Mac OS does not present a hibernate or deep sleep mode choosing Sleep commencing the Apple menu immediately puts a Mac into a low-power state (hang up to RAM) by means of the intention of, at the same time as quick to resume, tranquil maintain the contents of memory in memory. This is not a great deal of a tribulations on a desktop Mac with the intention of plugged into the most important, additional than it is a tribulations for MacBooks with the intention of are being utilized on battery power. A MacBook in sleep mode tranquil draws power, which means if you close the lid (the customary method to trigger sleep mode on a MacBook) and position an unplugged MacBook sideways for a small number of days.

The Windows Vista SP1 is sustain or maintain to get pushed out via Windows to bring up to date. I utilized RC1 SP1 additional than dropped back, and did not desire to bother until it was official. Did not observe much dissimilarity than completely updated Vista additional than time determine to tell. Glad it went efficiently! Yes, observing the similar thing here too. I am in addition working with Vista SP1 and immediately checkered to create certain I am completely up to date. Anybody else have several thoughts on this. Ok subsequent to 2 weeks of working without a hitch today my MBA hung on postpone. Subsequent to rebooting and suspending, it hung two times the entire in excess of again.

I had suspended predicament on the entire Macs I had/have. What I originate is by means of the intention of Bluetooth is causing the tribulations. I had to moreover put out of action Bluetooth apparatus in Device Manager or inaugurate patched Widcomm drivers. On one occasion one of these was completed I by no means had tribulations by means of suspend (stand-by). On the innovative MacBook Pro 2008 (Penry) I have encompassed additional tribulations, which I might not solve when going into stand-by the system freezes. It occurred each time the system was working with for additional than an hour by means of wireless on. Subsequent to a fresh restart and 15 minutes of run the whole thing was good.

This tribulations is most excellent solved by installing patched Widcomm drivers. I encompass had this tribulations by means of a innovative Penryn Macbook. I would utilize the system in XP SP3 for a at the same time as then close the lid and the unit would endeavor to enter suspend mode additional than freeze up, necessitate a reboot (read, extremely frustrating). I am working with bootcamp 2.1 and this upgrading did not assist. I in conclusion forced an bring up to date of the windows operating system by going to bring up to date website from side to side the System -> Automatic Update menu, originate an optional apparatus driver for the Marvel Yukon network card utilizing custom to bring up to date, installed this and have not had several tribulations in view of the fact that. I might be wrong additional than the laptop has not frozen in the last 5 days which is a superior sign.