Thread: Macbook Air not working after Disk Repair

Macbook Air not working after Disk Repair

Subsequent to a routine disk repair conference, it advised me by means of the intention of I necessitate to repair the disk on my MBA. A small number of months ago it was the similar, and I did it quite productively without several tribulations, according to instructions place in the MacOS 10.6 DVD into the iMac optical drive, subsequent to by means of the intention of launched Remote Install OS, and so on. On the other hand, at present my MacBook Air decline to boot commencing the remote disk, so by means of the intention of I be able to reach the Disk usefulness and proceed to repair disk. It observes the remote DVD Installer disk, I had attach to my home WiFi, and I select reboot commencing the Install DVD disk. An Apple logo come into view on a grey screen by means of a diminutive globe spinning additional than subsequent to a some lengthy minutes it always reboots generally. It seems I tried the whole thing many times to no avail. What I had to do here.

Re: Macbook Air not working after Disk Repair

You have to associated the SuperDrive by means of the SL DVD. Admittedly My HD was secure to capability. Considerately it pointed this out and would not permit me to hit it off persist until I went into Custom and deselected the numerous languages. It then facilitated Continue and chugged away for 15-20 minutes and supposed the disk might not be printed on and told me to repair or backup etc. It would not repair, and is attractive an inordinate amount of occasion endeavoring to create a decision if it determine to backup commencing my Time apparatus. No alternative to eject the DVD commencing the SuperDrive in organize to try Remote Disk. Not be able to attach the MBA to the Time Machine by means of Ethernet for the reason with the intention of the SuperDrive must be plugged straightforwardly into the USB, and not in a hub.

Much the similar here too merely have comprised a Rev A MBA by means of 80Gig HD. I had comprised and become aware of the battery life is much superior in excess of Leopard 10.5.8. At present demonstrating 4.45 hours on a full charge. The Leopard 10.5.8 would illustrate 3.45 - 4. 15 hours at most excellent. I endeavor to inaugurate Snow Leopard on a MacBook Air via Remote Disc and it disastrous 5 dissimilar times. I had three 'Mac OS X Installer died' malfunctions and two were it obviously stopped shifting. Even the mouse indicator on the Air stopped running. As far as I be able to tell, this does not run at the entire. To have comprised a innovative OS installer die additional than a few times is unpardonable. Given Apple's location of the Air as not actually requiring the exterior Super Drive if you are part of a home network, this is obviously a case where that does not run.

I had endeavor to install SL on my friends MBA via DVD distribution having primary installed SL onto my MBPro and got attractive well the similar result as MacLoverToronto. Subsequent to getting repair communication which in addition said the install be supposed to be completed via Remote Install, it took 2 hours immediately to boot the MBA commencing the MBPro. I did a disk repair and it supposed disk was OK. Then got the 39 minutes subsequent to 3 hours sequence. I stopped by means of the intention of and then recurring the DVD share attempt utilizing my friends MacBook which does not yet encompass SL. No error communication this time, and inaugurate to MBA was victorious, although it took nearly 3 hours. My wifi is WPA facilitated, so did not get the WEP messages. Give the impression of being as even though this is a SL tribulations. If you not be able to install via a associated disk, endeavor utilizing a apparatus on wifi which has not yet had SL installed (if you encompass one obtainable!) I have been endeavoring for two days at present and it maintains failing. I endeavor by means of Remote Disk first, regarding five times, and installation keeps failing. I in addition tried copying the installation DVD on a USB stick, additional than that was not accepted.

I have encompassed and been failing to bring up to date g/f's Air to snow and have given up. Have been endeavoring to utilize the dvd drive in my powermac G5 which works on OS 10.4.11. Have in conclusion given up. Have utilized together DVD sharing and the Remote install programmed. The Air exchange a few words by means of the G5 on moreover wifi and Ethernet and observe the install disc additional than determine to not open the contents of the disc i.e. fails to start-up commencing the emote DVD for the installation programmed. I encompass given up at present after guessing by means of the intention of the disc determine to not read for the reason by means of the intention of the G5 is not an intel mac - be able to anyone confirm that is correct.

I determine to add I took together off the outside network, quit the entire working with apps on the iMac, and create certain DVD Sharing and whatever else be supposed to be on or off (firewall). Ran Disk effectiveness on the MBA, by means of 2 minor errors originate (1 icon and incredible else), and repaired consequently. What attractive smooth, and subsequent to a bit of hang approximately for whatever loads connecting them (perhaps 15 minutes), the install ran for the 39 minutes it reported. I did not utilize the iMac for the duration of this time, leaving the barber-pole remote disk correlation window constantly perceptible until the whole thing was finished. (I am immediately paranoid, sometimes.)Primary boot on the Air was lengthy (until the end of time a scare), perhaps 4-5 minutes, and then it went right to the welcome arrangement. No system tribulations in view of the fact with the intention of Startup are a bit faster, as is shutdown. No tribulations re-connecting to the TC, except I desirable to re-enter my Mail passwords in Mail. Merely additional irregularity was my Contact list necessitate some a small number of handfuls of Companies to be re-checked as Company, as they demonstrated up as "no name" My wireless network utilized WPA, not WEP. I suspect WEP might not be sustained or maintained (conjecture merely). On the other hand I had a victorious install of Snow Leopard into my MacBook Air (Rev A) utilizing an iMac G5 ALS as the source for the Remote Disk. Took practically 3 hours on an 802.11g network, by means of comparatively diminutive additional activity on the network.