Thread: Upgrading Windows Vista and difference between 32bit/64 bit

Upgrading Windows Vista and difference between 32bit/64 bit

Hi I am having the windows XP professional as the vista and using it from the last 12 months and till now it has served me the best. But now I have decided to upgrade it to the windows vista. As I am a game addict and I just love to play games. And many latest games are not compatible with the windows XP and due to this compatibility issue I am not able to play those games. So I have decided to upgrade my vista to windows vista. Also I want to know what is the difference in the 32 bit system and 64 bit system. Does anyone know which all latest games that I can play on my windows vista? Please help me in knowing upgrading process. Also one important thing I would like to mention here is that I am having the Intel H55TC Motherboard Intel core i3 processor and the RAM in my system is of 4 GB.

Re: Upgrading Windows Vista and difference between 32bit/64 bit

The main differences between the 32-bit versions of Windows vista and the 64-bit versions of Windows vista relate to memory accessibility, memory management, and enhanced security features. The security features that are available in the 64-bit versions of Windows vista include the following:
    1. Kernel Patch Protection
    2. Support for hardware-backed Data Execution Protection (DEP)
    3. Mandatory driver signing
    4. Removal of support for 32-bit drivers
    5. Removal of the 16-bit subsystem

One of the greatest advantages of using a 64-bit version of Windows vista is the ability to access physical memory (RAM) that is above the 4-gigabyte (GB) range. This physical memory is not addressable by 32-bit versions of Windows operating system.

The first thing I would like to tell you here is that before upgrading the system from XP to windows vista you have to make sure that all your current application will run on the Windows vista. Because it may happen that the application that is working fine in the XP may not work on the windows vista due to the compatibility. And the windows vista upgrade advisor will help you to determine this thing. What you have to here is that download the windows vista upgrade advisor from the official site of Microsoft and then install it on to your system. The Windows vista Upgrade Advisor will scan all the hardware devices, and software that are installed on to your system. It will take little time to generate the compatibility report but will show you the report for sure. It will help you in knowing which application to remove and which to not

If you want to upgrade your system then one thing you have to keep in mind to transfer all your data onto a disk or to keep it safe in a flash drive or a portable drive. This nothing but to keep back up of all your data because during the installation it may happen that all your data may lose during the installation. So make sure that you will keep back up of all the data that you need the most.

Here is the list of the games that will run on the windows vista without any error or problem. But the only thing that you need for these games is a better graphic card:
    • Lost Planet 2
    • Hitman: Blood Money
    • Thief: Deadly Shadows
    • Deus Ex: Game of the Year
    • Deus Ex: Invisible War
    • Dead Rising 2

Here are the steps that will help you to install the windows vista:
    • First of all keep backup of all the data that you have
    • Then insert the bootable disk which has the set up of vista in to the system.
    • This process will take time so you have to wait for few minutes.
    • And after that you have to install the required drivers on your system.
    • And at last just restart your system once.