Thread: imac G5 disk0s3: I/O error

imac G5 disk0s3: I/O error

I am having imac G5 at my home for doing all my college work and some time also for playing game. Till yesterday I was not having any problem in my system, but today in the morning when i started my system, and then it gave me a disk0s3: I/O error. I don’t have any kind of idea related with this issue. So I need you support in order to solve it out. If you have any knowledge regarding it, then please do help me out. Thanks.

Re: imac G5 disk0s3: I/O error

After going through your problem I think it is related with the directory. So for solving it out I will advice you to make the use of the running DiskWarrior. This will help you in rebuilding the directory. I think that after using this you will definitely be able to solve your problem, because even i had tried this solution before 3 months, when I was facing the same problem. So try it out and do remember to reply me back.

I have solution for this problem, so try to go through the following steps. First of all you will require inserting the Mac OS X Install disc in your computer and you will need to restart the computer. During the restart you will require to hold the C key. When the starting up is finished, then you will require to select the Disk Utility option from the Installer menu. After doing that you need to click on First Aid tab, and then click on the triangle which name you hard disk volumes and partitions and is present to the left of the hard drive icon. Then you will require choosing Mac OS X volume. Once you have done that, now you have to click on the repair option for repairing the disk. After trying this fix you will really be able to fix your problem.

Even I am experiencing the same problem on my computer. I have already tried the solution of repairing disk, which is mentioned here. This solution does not solve the problem. Still I am getting the same error. The problem is now irritating me a lot, so I will request you to suggest me some different solution using which I can come out of this problem. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.