Thread: Installing Windows 7 Build 64-bit on MacBook Pro 2006

Installing Windows 7 Build 64-bit on MacBook Pro 2006

I had just upgrading a bootcamp partition commencing XP Pro 32-bit to a Windows 7 64 bit clean install without several important tribulations on my 2006 Mac Pro. The bootcamp separation was on a hard drive in addition including a normal Mac separation The merely tribulations was when the install program reboots throughout installation subsequent to booting commencing the DVD, I had to hold the "option" switch on the keyboard to create certain it rebooted to the hard drive, moderately than the DVD as it did the primary time. My startup time is regarding a minute. Windows familiar the entire 12 GB of memory. Breaking the 4 GB per app obstruction would be extremely helpful. It is preposterous by means of the intention of Snow Leopard not be able to take FULL advantage of my 64-bit system (advertised as such) additional than Windows be able to. Of course I determine to utilize my Mac for most everything, additional than at lease at present I be able to tap into the entire of the raw power my system has, despite Apple's pathetic abandonment of my 2006 Mac Pro. I need some help here on the above topic.

Re: Installing Windows 7 Build 64-bit on MacBook Pro 2006

So you had some knowledge regarding how Windows 7 might be installed on a MacBook Pro, by means of numerous how-to instructions. Although to say, even the majority detailed how-tos neglected to state hardware necessities. From side to side my discoveries I originate one major flag, by means of the intention of Apple did not maintain or hold up prior late 2007 models. My system fell under by means of the intention of category, being the second edition (late 2006). The most important dissimilarity by means of my system (containing earlier MBPs) and the ones further than was the switch to the nvidia chipset. I determine to bring up to date this guide as feedback comes in. Give pleasure to make a note of that this is for Windows 7 64-bit.

I did not utilize (did not necessitate to) additional than have been working with Windows 7 x64 build 7068 in view of the fact with the intention of its release (build 7000 previous to it) and so far Win7 has been amazing. By far the most excellent OS Microsoft has residential so far (yes, superior then everyone's beloved previous dinosaur XP). The entire in excess of again, you rock, maintain up the superior work. Anybody though endeavor this process and had success or failure. Concorde Rules, commencing your system descriptions, I presume by means of the intention of this guide didn't fall under your specs.

By no means mind, in conclusion got it to install. I derivative the ISO in excess of to an XP install in vmware, eliminate it by means of winrar, and then followed those steps. I did not encompass to install a video driver, windows to bring up to date originate one and my declaration is extremely well. I installed the bootcamp drivers and the whole thing runs except for the touchpad. I not be able to tap the pad to hit it off, and I not be able to twice tap to right hit it off. I be able to two finger scroll although. If I load the windows 7 bootcamp separations in vmware, the touchpad runs completely, I be able to two finger right click, tap the pad, etc.

I have comprised and got the ATI X1600, which windows to bring up to date originate drivers for and installed instantaneously. Yes, that's what I meant by means of the track pad. Fundamentally the merely things I be able to do by means of it are shift the mouse approximately, hit it off by means of the pad button, and scroll up and down by means of it. The whole thing runs completely in VMWare though. I determine to endeavor reinstalling the drivers afterward today. For a number of reason together windows are on the similar boot thing. I hold alternative on boot, merely observe my OSX drive and a windows drive, select windows, then get an additional choice by Microsoft to go into vista or W7 (every on it's own drive).

Okay, I did not locate your position until, well, immediately at present, additional than I did the whole thing accurately the similar as you defined (I did a assortment of research to endeavor to get this running) and so subsequent to wasting 5 DVDs by means of terrible "select CD-ROM boot type" errors and 2 terrible burns in a row (actually terrible luck) I in conclusion got a DVD of it by means of the intention of did not have several burn errors and the whole thing was running. Additional than then I got a Windows not be able to inaugurate required files. The file might be corrupt or missing. Create certain the entire files required for installation are obtainable, and restart the installation.