Thread: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE was not functioning on windows vista

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE was not functioning on windows vista

I am running Windows 7 on my laptop and having some problems with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE. This laptop was previously having Vista on it and the DVD drive was not working on it. I have tried to follow the solution to delete the UpperFilter and LowerFilters key but that didnt work. When I try to update the driver then it tells me the best driver is already installed. Does anyone know how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE was not functioning on windows vista

Well, try to uninstall the DVD drive itself for the device manager and see if that works. To do that click on Stat and then right click my computer. After that left click Properties and it will open System Window and then click on Device Manager in the top side. Now click next to DVD/CD adapters and then right click on it and click uninstall. After that restart your laptop and then upon boot Windows will try to reinstall the same device.

Can you try to reinstall the IDE driver and see if that works. To do that, click on Start and then right click on Computer. After that left click on Properties and it will open the System Window. Now you need to click on Device Manager from the list and then click Continue if prompted by UAC. After that go to 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' and then right click and uninstall it and then restart your laptop.

Re: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA DEVICE was not functioning on windows vista

Can you try to use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in your Windows 7 laptop for troubleshooting the issue. Follow the below steps:
    1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
    3. In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    4. Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If this doesnt work, then there are many methods given on this website that you can follow - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060