Thread: Blue screen with error code 0x00000218

Blue screen with error code 0x00000218

I was playing game on my Dell system one day. In between there was a power failure and the power went off then I restarted my pc but my pc did not boot to windows but a blue coloured screen appeared on the screen with some error messages. Then I called the customer care service of Dell computers, I explained the whole scenario to them. Later om I came to know that it was a Blue screen error with a stop code 0x00000218. I do I fix these blue screen issues?

Re: Blue screen with error code 0x00000218

Blue screen also called as Screen of Death when windows halts its operations and diagnoses an error displayed in white text on a a blue colored screen. Blue screen errors are critical errors and cannot be recovered without the loss of any data. When a blue screen error is encountered the with data of the windows is corrupted and the hardware connected to the system are in unrecoverable fashion.

If you encounter the blue screen error, then restart the system, if the logo of DELL appears and vanishes, there POST is complete or the system passes through the power on self test. There are different types of blue screen errors with their respective stop codes. Read the stop code and the technical information generated in the blue screen. in blue screen error the kernel gets confused and the boot loader goes missing.Most of the blue screens end up in pc restore and OS re-installation.

If Blue screen with error code 0x00000218 appears on the screen then it can be resolved using few steps. This error code can be because of improper SATA controller configuration in the system BIOS, Raid settings,Improperly or poorly seated cabling, failure in the hard drive file system corruption.
    To resolve it reseat the memory, run a diagnostic on memory and the hard drive.If the diagnostics test passes the memory is fine or do os re-installation.

You said that you are encountering Blue screen error with some error code, in that case I will too advise you to reseat the Ram chip from your motherboard , but if you think that you are not much a technical guy then you can call the Dell support system as you said that you have got a Dell system, once your calls get connected then you can select the appropriate queue , I you have a laptop system then you will have to choose the option accordingly. There are also cases that your call sometime gets connected to a wrong queue because of the traffic then you will get you call transferred to the correct queue , there you can tell about your issue, those are the well trained technician m they will definitely help you out I they do not come to some resolution they will arrange a call back for you.