Thread: Theme keeps changing every time I reboot under Windows 7

Theme keeps changing every time I reboot under Windows 7

I have lately procured an Acer Ferrari One notebook which comes with Windows 7 installed. I have modified the Windows 7 theme but each time I shut down the system the settings rearrange to the default desktop background which was set by default when I start with system. But there are no changes with the other settings such as the sounds, window color and the screensaver. I am not able to understand that why does the desktop background keep altering after shutting the system? How can I stop this thing happen to my notebook? I want to know if there is there any method to make my preferred theme as the default one. If anyone have any idea please do reply for resolving my issue.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Theme keeps changing every time I reboot under Windows 7

One thing you can do to resolve the issue related to the themes keeps on changing after reboot is that just delete the default them which your notebook keeps on setting and save your them. This may help you to resolve the issue as the default one which is set by the notebook will be no longer there to set by the system. So try this solution and let me know if your problem is resolved by the solution provided.

I was experiencing the same problem with my notebook; I tried a solution in my notepad which really solved my problem of themes getting changed to the default one. Go to programs where you will find features section and there you will find a program which is called as 'Acer Ferrari Wallpaper' especially in your Acer Ferrari One notebook just Uninstall this program and see if problem is solved. Just restart the notebook after uninstalling the program from the system. Let me know if your problem is soled.

To resolve your problem you can do one thing that just turn Off the Themes service in your Acer Ferrari One notebook. Your can perform this as by entering the SERVICES.MSC in Run field which is present in Start button in your notebook. After window opens for theme services just double click on "Themes service" and set it to Disabled. After which i think you will not have any issue regarding the themes in your notebook.

I have tried all the solution provided above but was not able to resolve the theme problem when i tried to disable the the theme service after which i was not able to set the theme for my notebook. But now i have resolved the problem with the help of some setting suggest by one of my friend. I did the setting in Control Panel then go to option Display move to Themes and where selected the tabs for Appearances and kept all the setting to Classic and then Apply. Also right clicked on Start button and selected Properties and set it as Classic.