Thread: Hp Pavilion dv7 notebook does not allow Windows 7 to update

Hp Pavilion dv7 notebook does not allow Windows 7 to update

I am using the hp Pavilion dv7 notebook which has the windows 7 64 bit Home Premium operating system in it. In addition to that it has a Intel core processor, the notebook was running good with that but the problem is that when I tried to update the Windows 7 from the Microsoft website it provided me a number of the error. I tried the process 5 times but it failed badly, so what is the problem in the OS and how can I overcome the issue any advice will help to resolve the problem and i also tried the update after a anti virus scan on the notebook.

Re: Hp Pavilion dv7 notebook does not allow Windows 7 to update

You need to download a patch file that windows provides for the windows 7 update, this file is called as KB961367 patch which is available on the Microsoft website. First you need to download the file from the Microsoft website and then install it in the system and then try to update the windows 7 OS, the KB961367 file is available in the .msu format on the website.

Thank you for the replying, i have tried to download the file that you have mentioned above but does get to that properly. So i wanted the link from where i can download the file and also provided me the steps to download and install it in the system, please provide me some solution to fix these issue.

If you want to download the .msu file of update patch to update the Windows 7 in the hp notebook then click on the download link provided here. As soon as you click the link you will get a download option then select it, it will ask for the verification code enter it that will be at the top of the input box and start the download. After the download please install it and then click on the link to get the process done and your windows 7 will be updated, if then too the problem exists then you can contact the customer care assistance of the Microsoft for further help and support on the given topic.

If you are not able to update the windows 7 OS from the hp notebook then there may be a problem in the Windows 7 OS itself which does not allow the update. The solution to these problem is that you can uninstall the Windows 7 OS from the laptop and then reinstall it in the laptop and then try to update the Windows 7 OS these time it may work and update properly.