Thread: Can't install KB2160841in windows xp

Can't install KB2160841in windows xp

I am using the .NET from a long time on the windows xp and there was not a problem in that but last Sunday when I tried to Security Update for .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, it provided me the error message with a code as "Error code 0000066A Windows Update encountered an unknown error" and the windows update fail to install that in my Acer laptop. Then I tired the same process on the other OS system that I have such as, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (KB2160841). After that I tried manually to install the update but it was blocked with the same error message, finally I tried to uninstall the .Net Framework 4 and then try to reinstall it but it also failed badly. So what is the problem and how can I overcome this issue any suggestion on the topic will work.

Re: Can't install KB2160841in windows xp

To overcome the problem that you have mentioned above you have to follow the following steps;
    • First you need to Go to Program and Features and after that click it.

• Then you have to Scroll downward to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, right click to select it.

• Then it will provide you a option of Uninstall/Change and after that click to select it.
    • Then, it will provide a option to fix it, pick Repair it. It will consume about 4-12 minutes to fix your problem and your experience might differ.

• Finally when completed the process, go to your update core, and update it once more.

The steps that you have provided above is not working for my system, i have tried the steps thrice and the result was the same. Now my laptop has become very slow and there is no installation of any software in it after the update has failed last week and other updates from the Microsoft website also failed so what is the exact problem in the system and how i can overcome the issue any recommendation will be appreciated by me.

It seems that there is a virus attack on your laptop while making the update which has caused the installation a problem and the other software's are not getting installed on system. So the solution to these is that first you have to scan the system with a Anti virus such as the AVG,Norton etc. which will remove all the bugs and overcome the problem, these is the best option available to overcome the problem.

There is a problem in the operating system that you have installed and it seems that some of the files in that have got corrupted which dies not allow the update of the .NET Framework 4 so you need to do a update for these files. To perform the update you have to go to the Microsoft Update option form the start button which is present no the desktop screen and then select the update link to perform the procedure at the Microsoft website. These process will take some time and will update all files to resolve the problem.