Thread: Startup disk check not working in windows 7 64-bit OS

Startup disk check not working in windows 7 64-bit OS

I have recently purchased a new dell laptop and last week it shown a number of the hard disk issue so one of my friend suggested to do the disk check which i tried on the Laptop. The process stops after sometime and the laptop was in the frozen state and i was not able to do anything. I have Windows 7 64 bit OS on the laptop so what is the problem in the process and how can i overcome these problem any recommendation and advice will help to a great extent to fox the issue.

Re: Startup disk check not working in windows 7 64-bit OS

Sometimes the steps for the Normal start up in the windows 7 operating system are not followed properly which causes these problem to occur so you need to follow the below steps;

• First you need to select the Start option from the start button at the bottom of the desk top and then select the run option.

• After that type the msconfig in the box that you get and then click the OK button.

• Click to select the General label, snap Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click to select the OK option.

• Finally you are prompted with the message where you have to select the restart option to complete the process.

The solution that you have provided above does not work in my laptop and there seems to be a problem in the Windows 7 operating system. After the start up disk check the performance of my laptop has slow down and the applications take a very long to open so provide me an alternative solution to these problem any advice will help to resolve the issue.

To resolve the problem I would advise you to execute disk check in unsoiled Boot and check which non Microsoft program is causing the concern. To assist troubleshoot mistake post and other issues; you can begin Windows 7 by using a negligible set of drivers and startup programs. This type of put in place is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eradicate software divergence.
    • Log on to the laptop by means of a description that has administrator rights.

• Click to select Start, write msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then push enter to create the System Configuration usefulness. If you are incited for an administrator password or for verification, type your password, or snap Continue.

• On the General tab, click to select Selective Startup, and then snap to clear the Load startup items check box.

• On the Services tag, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then select Disable all.

• Select OK, and then select Restart to complete the process.