Thread: Aero Peek, Tooltips and Alt-Tab not working in windows 7

Aero Peek, Tooltips and Alt-Tab not working in windows 7

When I am getting problem with Aero Peek , alt key and tooltips when I use a program and move my mouse over the taskbar and another program then the preview is appearing for only for certain seconds. When I click on the taskbar and move over an icon the preview is displayed properly and when mouse over the preview that window is moved to the front. I also think there is problem Alt-Tab key which is not working properly like when I hit alt-tab key the selection menu is just flashed on screen even after holding Alt key. Tooltips are not functioning in any program either, except when I click the taskbar then move mouse over the tooltip in an open window. Same thing happen is that page is not appearing for long duration.

Re: Aero Peek, Tooltips and Alt-Tab not working in windows 7

I think there might be some files of windows 7 which are not properly install on your machine so thing you can do is just reinstall windows 7 on your machine. Other than this you can just troubleshoot to see if any problem is present in your system. Aero Peek problem can be because of your video card for which you must try to see if same problem is appearing with other video card if so then replace the card.

You need to perform the troubleshoot which might resolve your Aero Peek issue, You can do is as below :
    • Search for Aero from Start.
    • Then move to Control Panel, there is an option using which you can find transparency and other visual effects problem and fix it.
    • After that you will see a troubleshoot wizard.
    • After click on NEXT search for the troubles will start. And if there are any issues which are noticed, then they will be resolved by the wizard automatically.

Dr. V Guest

To resolve your problem you can try to performing a clean boot on your machine. A clean boot will remove out all other third party applications which may be creating problem for your taskbar, tooltips and alt key not performing proper functioning. Try to perform this and resolve your problem in windows 7.