Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

4gbs of ram installed in vista only 2gb showing in system msinfo and BIOS

Operating Systems

Old 23-10-2010

4gbs of ram installed in vista only 2gb showing in system msinfo and BIOS

ok so i build a new computer i put 4gb of ram in and find that in system it shows only 2gb i look it up and lots of people have this problem however my msinfo32 and my BIOS both also show 2gbmy spec according to system are

service pack 2
cpu: intel(r)core(TM)2 duo cpu e8500 @ 3.16 3.17
RAM: 2.00gb
system type: 64 bit operating system

Old 23-10-2010

Re: 4gbs of ram installed in vista only 2gb showing in system msinfo and BIOS

Check out whether the board is able to support the 4GB of Ram. It could be that the Motherboard is not able to support well. So in order to check out for the same I would suggest you to check for the compatibility by checking out on developers site. You can also get the updated pack of the BIOS and get it installed. Make the installation of the same by flashing it and process as required. It will be better.
Old 24-10-2010

thanks i dicovered that my motherboard only supports 2gb of memory so i will have to buy a new one which is annoying since i just spent heaps of money on this computer but whatever right
Old 25-10-2010
mrphantuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordeh View Post
thanks i dicovered that my motherboard only supports 2gb of memory so i will have to buy a new one which is annoying since i just spent heaps of money on this computer but whatever right
yes, you can update bios!IT can help upgrade to 4G ram

Last edited by Maqbool : 25-10-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,