Thread: Windows Vista to Windows XP downgrade

Windows Vista to Windows XP downgrade

I just got computer for myself which is HP Pavilion media center m8425f desktop computer comes with intel core 2 quad processor q6700 and pre loaded Windows Vista as the operating system. I want to use computer for development so windows vista doesn't have the proper environment to work with and also heard from many of my friend that many non-original or pirated software doesn't work in windows Vista due to the increased security features which are there in vista. So for such reason i do not want to continue with Windows vista in my computer and want to move to Windows XP in my computer i want to know what to be done in my system to run Windows xp properly in my machine, so if any suggestion please do reply that.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows Vista to Windows XP downgrade

Yes you can downgrade your computer operating system from Windows vista to windows xp just you have to do the reformat your computer and then install the necessary driver which are needed for the windows xp to work in your HP Pavilion media center m8425f desktop computer. You need to get the drivers for your computer which will be compatible and need to run the windows xp perfectly without any issue. This may help you to downgrade from windows vista to windows xp so you should try to go for this option to get your thing done.

I am searching for the same topic i am using HP Pavilion DV2700 which is Special Edition Entertainment Notebook PC series and has windows vista as operating system. I don't have much RAM to work with it and just try to work in windows vista which comes with it but it is creating problem as when i try to install some application softwares which i have taken from my friends i am not able to load in the system because windows vista is not allowing it. So because of such problem i want to move to previous version of operating system which will be compatible with my system. So i want to go for windows xp as my HP Pavilion DV2700 operating system.

If you want to downgrade your HP Pavilion media center m8425f desktop computer operating system then you just have to first format your machine to get ride of the existing operating system which you have in your machine as windows vista. After you have done with formatting you need to have the setup CD for windows XP which you need to insert in your machine and then follow the instruction given then you will able to have windows xp in your system after which you need to load the drivers for video , sound etc foe windows xp in your machine. This way you can easily downgrade from windows vista to windows xp operating system in your nachine.

If possible you can also go for two operating system in your HP Pavilion media center m8425f desktop computer as some time you need windows xp to install applications software which are pirated if as you mention you are not able to do with the vista. You can have two operating system for which you just have to install new windows xp operating system to drive other than the drive in which you are already having windows vista operating system. At the start of your machine it will ask you for what operating system you want to work with after selection you can work with that as per your requirement and work you want to do. As you mention you want to use machine for development which you can do with windows xp which have that environment so you can defiantly consider this option if it is possible with your system.
    Last edited by Lillebror; 21-10-2010 at 01:48 AM.