Thread: Possible to turn on macbook without power button?

Possible to turn on macbook without power button?

I have an Apple macbook and i am using it from the last 12 months and it is serving me the best , But last week accidentally i fall some water on to the keyboard, And now i think that the keyboard on my macbook is completely dead due to it. But immediately i took some evasive actions, And later on when i tried to start it then i was some how unable to do so,So what i did is i I plugged in the power adapter, And waited for the laptop to start but it didn't infact the green light was glowing but no signal on the screen the screen was completely black, Please help me in this case and let me know what to do here to get started with my Macbook. One more thing i want to mention here is that i was using the windows 7 as the operating system and the processor was inlet core 2 duo.

Re: Possible to turn on macbook without power button?

I guess that your key board is fully damaged, and the water has spoiled the circuits under it, So what you have to do is just replace it with other keypad, Because if the circuit under it is damaged then it will not support the power button also, The thing here is that you have to buy a new one from the Apple itself, and if your system is in warranty then it may happen that they will provide you the keyboard on free, Or one more thing you can try it using the same keyboard and check whether the problem is actually related with it.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are problems with your keyboard, And to check whether there is the problem in your keyboard then what you have to do is just connect it with the other system and see to it whether the problem still exists if yes then you have to replace it with any other one and if not then there may be problem with the operating system of yours, so what you have to do is just install the new operating system on to the laptop or just use the windows repair utility, which will help you in solving the problem. And if the problem still prevails then you have to visit the customer service center of Apple and place a complaint over there.

I think that i can help you in this case, Yes there is a way through which the system can be on without the power button in different circumstances, The thing here is that you have to schedule your mac to power up at a certain time within your system preferences. Now the system preferences is the application that comes in the Macbook which allows the you to change or set the different system settings and which are divided in to different system panes, So what you have to do is set your system on the sleep mode and the try and change the preferences and make the system to be turn on without the power button. I hope that this will help you for sure, just try it and let me know whether it worked or not. If not then what you have to do is just fire a complaint regarding your damaged keyboard to the Apple service center and they will fix it as soon as you want.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also giving your vital time for finding the solution, Finally i have manged to start the system without the power button, infact the power button of mine was not working at all, but the thing here is that i am still with the damaged keyboard, how can i get rid of it, Should i need to purchase a new one or there is any way that i can repair it , If there is then please help me in this one, And also let me know how can i repair it. Initially i tried to remove the key board but failed to do so now there is no such way that i can do it on my own, So please guide me in fixing it.