Thread: Sound drivers for Win7 on old Macbook Pro

Sound drivers for Win7 on old Macbook Pro

I recently installed windows 7 on 4-5 years old Macbook pro and everything works fine except sound.Windows tell me that sound drivers are updated but the sound is not working on my system. I think Operating system itself produce sounds but it was not sending sound to my Macbook speakers. I try to install some different sound drivers from Intel site but none of them are working.I do not know the name of the sound device.The sound device does not show neither on win7 nor on my MAC. Does any one of you have any solution to this issue? Please let me know it as soon as possible. Thank you in advance your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Sound drivers for Win7 on old Macbook Pro

Go to control panel and select device manager and then select sound,video and game controllers. On the left side click on properties and select Details and browse through hardware IDs and see whether this match to PCI_&VEN_5354&DEV_5674&SUBSYS_106B1A00&REV_1024 this is just an example and post your hardware IDs.So that we can provide further help to your issue.

Below is my hardware IDs:
    PCI__01&VEN_6578&DEV_5676&SUBSYS_106B1A00
    Today morning I noticed that I am getting red light from Jack for headphones. I turn off the audio jack but the light is still red. And if I plug the Headphone there is no sound and the another thing is that when I connect my audio jack Headphones I get no Red lights and even sound is working fine. So I think the problem is with windows 7 and not with my Macbook pro. So Can any one suggest any sound driver working fine in your windows 7.

I have same issue and some one suggest me to try sigmatels driver. I tried them but they don't work. I have resolve this issue the problem is that I was supposed to install Boot camp on windows 7.I came to know about this after doing a deep search on net and get this valuable information from one forum. I had tried it before on Snow leopards DVD but I did not see anything for windows on it. One more thing the driver which I need to install is combined in Boot camp itself.Prior to this I was thinking that Boot camp is like an assistant because I was knowing that with it you can create new partition, boot from windows DVD and format the partition. Do you know Apple is also providing drivers through Boot camp.

Have same issue with windows 7 the sound is not working. I have installed it on my Mac.I have tried downloading different sound drivers but none of them solve the problem. Can you please tell me from where you download the Boot camp. Now I am going to download Boot camp 3.1 and what do you think this version will work with Boot camp 3.0 because I have already installed Boot camp 3.0 om my system. The website from where I am downloading the Boot camp 3.1 it just gives me 16kb as maximum download speed. Please help.

A simple solution I was sitting at home with my Macbook pro and I hook it back again to my 24" Cinema display and sound comes through the Laptop speakers. After this I have Downloaded the latest driver for windows 7 32bit from realtek site and installed it. But then I do not have any sound and red light was blinking from my Headphone. Then I just uninstalled the new driver which is for my Hi def Audio. Then I click on speaker icon on desktop and select Troubleshoot and I got sound and now there is no light. The fix was easy for me and now my sound is working fine.