Thread: How can i get rid of Black Box around Icons, forms, etc.

How can i get rid of Black Box around Icons, forms, etc.

I am using the Apple iMac running with Intel's i7 processor, 2GB RAM, 160HDD. My problem is that i can't be able to remove the black boxes around icons & forms. These boxes were accidentally generated by my typing mistakes. Is there anyone, who can able to tell me the steps to get rid of those black boxes completely and also tell me that how these Black boxes were generated. It is eating my desktop Coolness. Please provide the proper solution for this problem.
    Last edited by Holden; 20-10-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Re: How can i get rid of Black Box around Icons, forms, etc.

I have gone through your problem and I also find the solution for those black boxes. These are accidentally generated by the User mistake. Many users have gone through the similar problem. The solution for this in iMac is to take a look at Universal Access Setting. Go to your system preferences Option, and then select the Universal Access. There you have to uncheck the unwanted accessibility options.

AS your problem concerns it is not the unwanted accessibility problem. The problem you are facing is different as I think. What you have to do is go to your System Preferences -> Universal Access and turn off Voice over. After turning off voice over option those rectangles will vanish. If it is not working then try to restore your system setting. It a visual assistance, not a bug or virus.

I have already got a similar problem on my Mac. So I changed my desktop background color. To change the background color follows these steps -
    1 .Select “Control Panel”
    2. Double click on “evidence”
    3. Select “Appearance” tab.
    4. Select “Advanced” option.
    5. There you should select “Desktop” from the drop-down menu bar.
    6. Then choose the appropriate color for the background.
    Try these steps, if this won’t work reply me with a query.

Black box problem is common problem of number of Mac users. Because of black box problem the icons in a desktop looks like black white icon. The black box is appearing around your icon, folder, button means the “voice Over” option is enabled on your system. You have to disable it using system preferences on your iMac. Once you disable the voice over option the icons will appear normal as they were before. You can also experiment with the background setting of the system, like changing the background color can also remove the boxes around the icons …sometimes( Only if you choose appropriate color).
    Last edited by Sabhajit; 20-10-2010 at 02:03 PM.

While using a Mac sometimes suddenly your Mac starts communicate to you. That means you start seeing a black box around the icons, folder or anything you click on it. Don’t be afraid! Your Mac is not haunted. It is happening because of the sudden enable of the VoiceOver feature. This was happened by pressing command+F5 which toggles the on and off of VoiceOver option. Using this shortcut key you can get rid your computer from talking.