Thread: standard Snow Leopard can't install on Mac Mini Server

standard Snow Leopard can't install on Mac Mini Server

I have bought a pinnacle of the line Mac Mini Server and I would like to install the updated version of Snow Leopard on it. I have attempted the following to fix my issue:
    I have inserted the snow leopard DVD in to my Macbook pro and then launched the function to work the function which I have activated it was "Remote Install Mac OS X" which in to the applications/utilities and whatever the instruction is given there I have followed that. Then when I have completed all the instruction in last I have reboot my pc by holding the alt key down and from there I have selected the snow leopard dvd as startup disk. What I observe after that is the Apple logo with the action indicator I mean activity indicator spinning and later than a number of seconds I observe a "no entry" sign and not anything more. It stays like this ever more. Is it possible to install Snow Leopard on a Mac mini server?

Re: standard Snow Leopard can't install on Mac Mini Server

I have read all the issues which you are facing at the time of installing the operating system. When I have read this question then I have discussed this with my friend who is currently online and he told me that if your operating system is older that your computer then it will not going to support you. I mean here that cannot install the operating system which is older than your computer. SO I think you have got the solution of your query. So best of luck for the future.

I do not have any idea related to your version of the snow leopard operating system and the copter also. So that is why I have no any of the idea of knowing whether you are or you are not able to install the snow leopard operating system on to the Mac mini server. So I think you have both of the information that which version of os and computer you are using. So you just find out regarding this on to the Google and I think you will be able to get your own answer from yourself. So just give a try related to this.

I have also purchased the Mac Mini Server very soon you can say that it is a three days old. It is latest model. And my snow leopard retail DVD is older one. So if I purchased a new snow leopard retail DVD so can you tell me whether it will install or not. Because if it is not going to install then my money will get waste so it will e better if you informed me concerning this matter. And Please post your reply very soon so I can get the idea.

As far as I know related to this issue, I do not think that apple has released any kind of updated version of the snow leopard retail. I could be also wrong on this. So as I think whatever the snow leopard DVD is available in to the market it is the same I mean it is the first released of the apple. So if you want then you can go for the other operating system. Like windows XP, vista, windows 7 or the Linux others are also there. So you can try this these are nice os.

I am really curious about the server which you do not want? To fix this you should be able to turn off the unwanted services which are going on it to the back side. And use the standard one. So I think by ding this much of thing you will be able to get your query fixed. Because I have also faced this issue but so many times back. I will suggest you that just go for the standard one and you will get the solution.

I want to gift one laptop to my father with the snow leopard os. But I am not sure, will he like the snow leopard operating system. And I also do not want that he mess around with this. So that is why I would prefer to give him with the standard snow leopard system. And also I want to give him a computer which is really powerful and does not take too much of space. The specification of the computer which I think it will be 8 GB of RAM and 500 of Hard Disk in Raid and the Intel i7. He has already got the mouse keyboard and a display and the next thing is DVD reader. So I have decided to go for the Mac mini server is my best choice so can you give me any advice on this.

If you want my opinion then you just forgot about the Mac mini server which came with the snow leopard server. As the solution which is given here according to that you just turned off or you are also able to use the services. In the snow leopard Server it is a kind of administrative type of operating system content. And this is also work like Snow leopard and it should not really have an effect on your workflow.