Thread: Is it possible to remove disk images from desktop??

Is it possible to remove disk images from desktop??

Friends, Today I bought my MBP therefore I would like to make an apology for this question in advance. I have already installed the few programs in that like VM Ware Fusion and Firefox and I am searching to find out the way to remove the disk image from the desktop once I have installed the program. And I would also like to clarify that once I have mounted the image on the disk then I have to just drag the image to the applications folder, is it correct? Please post your suggestion for this and also tell me if I am right about dragging the image to the application folder. I will be thankful to all the people on this forum for their replies. Thank you.

Re: Is it possible to remove disk images from desktop??

Hey that is very easy to do. I was also searching for this solution and finally I found that the simple way to do that. Once you are done with putting the application in the application folders then you can then you can eject and delete the image on the disk because after that you don’t need that. Just try it once and I am sure that it is going to work because I have already tried it on my computer and found that it is working.

I also have problem with the disk image on my laptop. There is the Firefox disk image on my computer and I want to delete that but whenever I try to delete that then it shows me the message that this It cannot be deleted because it is being used by the system. I have already closed the Firefox. I am not able to understand the reason behind that. Please help me get out of this. I have the permission for both read and write. Please tell me that how can I resolve this. I have already tried every things that I knew but not able to resolve that.

As you told your problem that looks like you are running Firefox from within the disk image and that means that it is still in use from the disk image. You should make sure that the Firefox is installed in your application folder that means that you have dragged it from the image disk to the Application folder. Once you are done with this then you have to close the running instance and after that you should delete the disk image. After deleting the image just give a restart to your Firefox from the applications. This is the way I was able to delete the image disk.

Have you tried to use Demon tools to remove the disk image? That is great software and you can search and download it from internet. Install that on your computer and once you installed that then you will be able to see the Demon icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop. right click on that and you will be able to create new virtual drive and mount the image on that. Once you are completed the installation of mounted image then you can unmount that easily. I am using demon tools to install my games on my computer. You should also try this and this will help you also. You can also create more than one virtual drive with the help of this. It can create up to 5 virtual drives in my case that is more than enough.

Dr. V Guest

This problem created for me when I downloaded the skype from internet. Then I found that the skymap comes with the installer but in my case I was not able to see the skype.app but instead of that I was able to see the .pkg file. I double clicked on that it get installed without any problem. There is also another possibility for it which I found on internet that many mac apps comes with the skype.app and also have the shortcut for your applications if that is the case then you can click on skype.app and drag it to right.