Thread: Snow Leopard & HP Laserjet 1020

Snow Leopard & HP Laserjet 1020

I have bought a new Macbook on which i have installed Snow Leopard operating system. Now i am looking forward to buy a new printer to connect with this macbook so that i can be a proper portable person to use macbook with almost all the kinds of features. I want to know that would it be possible to use HP Laserjet 1020 on my macbook with the Snow Leopard or not. And if yes then what settings would be needed.

Re: Snow Leopard & HP Laserjet 1020

This is exactly why we are currently thinking to buy a new printer, I'm more surprised about two things:
    1) In our BrandStrore no laser printers are available (not bad)
    2) printer manufacturers will often not even in officially on their pages that the printer for Mac is available (it has intricate research on the drivers support page) - annoying, not only, I do not understand just why mortise manufacturers such a silly nonsense! :-( Should there be for our HP 1020 actually no chance for printing in Snow Leopard, I am pleased with your purchase recommendation, which currently looks as follows with me
    1. Default: Laser Printers
    2. Point: preferably Epson or Canon, in third place until HP (because of the disappointment of not more developed driver for the Mac and the fact that the drivers have withdrawn for the Mac Why - allegedly because of disputes with Apple - not interested - is the customer. the victims! :-(
    3. S / W or color (still undecided)

I have provided some printers as follows out of which you can decide that which printer you should be buying for your macbook.
    Color Laser
    - Epson AcuLaser C1600 (advantage: real print resolution of 1200 x 600dpi)
    - HP Color LaserJet CP1510
    - HP Color LaserJet CP1210
    Monochrome Laser
    - HP LaserJet Pro 1100
    - HP LaserJet 1560 Pro
    - HP LaserJet Pro 1600
    As for the Laser, it is an important clue due to an Amazon reviews as in such a way they provide information about the product. Furthermore, my high costs are aware, as is the fact that the starter toner cartridges for all laser printers generally have a smaller capacity. An understanding of the color lasers question: If the - have probably all - have a separate black toner cartridge, but the S / W also used this expression, ie one must not necessarily be retrofitted later the expensive color toner for S / W print to.

Finally i have successfully taken out the print using an Old HP 1020. Here provided installation package assigns to "automatically" a postscript printer and then added with manual selection works. I am talking about the driver of the HP Laserjet 1022. Spread the good times and good news to spread in a few forums and elsewhere so that as many as possible can benefit from this solution. Now I can at least both the ruling and the carbon savings :-).