Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-10-2010

Starcraft 2 Windows 7 vs Mac osx Snow leopard

I want to compare two operating system with each other (windows 7 vs MAC osx Snow leopard). I will take startcraft 2 games to compare both OS. Which will perform better with this game? Actually I bought Unibody Mac probook last month. I want to use it for starcraft 2 game. As we all know that macbook work mAC osx not with windows. But still I want to know which one will be better for starcraft 2 games. If your answer is windows 7 then I am ready for jailbreaking to install windows 7 on this system. I have no idea about these both OS for starcraft 2. So I need your advice. Please inform me. Currently my Macbook running with OSX snow leopard , 2.4 GHz processor , 9400 GT graphic card and RAM is 2GB. My screen is with 1920 X 1080 .
Old 20-10-2010

Re: Starcraft 2 Windows 7 vs Mac osx Snow leopard

What is exactly your question, you want to compare both operating systems. But I think so problem is in your hardware. Your graphic is not looking to handle this high resolution by nvidia 9400M graphic card. My game is working with low settings on 12800x800 resolutions. I have not seen this game on windows 7 game. If you want to use this game on such high resolution then try to change you graphic card and also update your video drivers.
Old 20-10-2010

Not at all, if you are going to install windows 7 on the same laptop. And even mac OSX will also not support it. you currently 9400 M graphic card is not able to run at 1920 x 1080 resolution. I have some graphic card and try them to get better performance; NVIDIA GeForce GT 430GeForce your PC for the ultimate performance upgrade. GPU-accelerate the editing of your photos and HD videos, watch Blu-Ray 3D™ movies, and level-up your game on the latest DirectX 11 titles.
Old 20-10-2010

To build something truly different, you need to work in a truly different way. Apple designers and engineers work together through every stage of product development. It’s a partnership that makes innovation possible. And it’s exactly how the MacBook Pro was created. With its patented unibody enclosure, industry-first features, and environmentally sound design, it’s a revolution in the way notebooks are made.Until now, all notebooks were designed the same way. By assembling multiple pieces to create a single enclosure. But once you include all the necessary parts, you add size, weight, complexity, and more opportunities for failure. Solving a problem like this required more than an incremental change. It required a breakthrough. To create the MacBook Pro, the design and engineering teams devised a way to replace many parts with just one. That one part is called the unibody — a seamless enclosure carved from a single piece of aluminum.
Old 20-10-2010

I have tested its performance on both systems and from its outcomes, I will advice you windows 7 is better. But it is not as good that you need to do jailbreaking on your system to install windows 7. If you will try to do this you will lost your warranty. Last night I did this test; initially I was testing it on MAC osx with 1920 x 1080 resolutions (I was using gaffing HDMI adapter), it forced me to use it at lower settings and I was also late to load game because it was working very slow. But on windows7 results was little bit different. I was able to boost up my game performance at high settings. it was playing better and better as I was playing it on Mac OSX. So my choice is windows 7 but still decide before going to install windows in your system.
Old 20-10-2010

Starcraft 2 works well on my core i5 along with 10.6.3 (10.6.4 -> bad frame per second) at average and soaring settings at 1680x1050 resolutions. My brother use a 2.26 unibody macbook pro laptop with 9400M graphic card and also having 4GB RAM, and it is working Starcraft 2 very liquid at lower settings and 1280x800 resolution. With only 2GB RAM and 1920x1080 resolutions it will start dropping Frame per second from time to time does not matter your are using lower settings. The one talk about weight settings maybe because you have a sluggish HD, GPU does not influence load times that much, but High Definition and network amplify load times a lot.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,