Thread: Internet problem with Snow Leopard

Internet problem with Snow Leopard

I installed Snow Leopard preceding Friday and seeing as that date I have been having strange association problems to my home Wi-Fi network. I will be in the center of browsing a page and the web page will stop loading and I get the 'You are not associated to the internet' blurb. However, my Airport Icon still show full greeting and any other apps administration in the background using internet carry on to function fine, such as downloads or Skype/MSN. I first thinking this strength be a problem with Safari (which I have been having small fortune with lately anyway) so I installed Firefox to observe if it complete a dissimilarity. NO precisely the same difficulty. Typically after about 5 minutes the difficulty goes away and it will be very well for a while. Note that my housemate is using a windows PC and is experience completely no connection troubles at all. This NEVER happened on 10.5 and below versions of the mac OS or snow leopard.

Re: Internet problem with Snow Leopard

This problem mostly occurs when there is a faulty setting in the modem from where you are getting the internet connection. The modem settings plays a important role in the connection and the error message that you have mentioned 'You are not associated to the internet' occurs when there is a problem in the internet settings and in the modem settings. So the first thing that you have to follow is the internet connection settings to overcome the problem. The other alternative is the reboot of the OS that might creates the problem so you need to reboot your operating system to see the effect as the internet files get corrupted and causes problem in the internet connection.

The solution that you have provided above of the reboot of the operating system and the modem settings dies not work for me at all. i have made all the modem setting perfectly as it was given in the manual of the modem and similarly reboot the operating system that is the snow Leopard 10.6 twice but the result was the same. so, what is the problem here and how can i overcome the problem any suggestion will help.

I came across this possible solution to the issue that you have mentioned above. It has enable me to wait associated for over 15 minutes, which is longer than I've been able to wait online for the preceding quite a few days. I will position again if it does not last. Here is a ordinary fix that has worked for a number of people:

• First you need to open the System Preferences.

• Then you need to Select Network >> Location.

• After that Click on Edit Locations.

• Finally you have to add a new location. You can name it anything you like, this is the solution available for these issue.

The solution of the system preferences that you have mentioned worked perfectly when my friends are using the Windows operating system but it fails badly when i am using the Snow Leopard operating system for accessing the internet. So, i am not getting what is the problem with that and please provide me with the appropriate solution to fix these problem any suggestion will help to resolve the issue.

If you have tried all the above solution and not found the solution to your problem then you can try the following steps for the same;
    • First you need to Go into your router's administration page and discover your DNS server(s).

• Then you need to open up Network predilection in your System Preferences window.

• After that In the Advanced section, click to select on the DNS tab.

• Finally you can physically insert the DNS servers you looked up in Step described above.

There seems to be a basic problem of the internet connection as you have described that your friends are getting internet connection on the windows 7 operating system and you are not getting it in the snow leopard then there is a problem in the internet connection. So, you need to first check the basic connection and the router connection and contact your internet service provider and ask them that it is working or not from there, this will make the internet work in the snow leopard.