Thread: Low Sound Volume under Bootcamp Windows XP

Low Sound Volume under Bootcamp Windows XP

I have both on my macbook, Leopard as well as Windows XP pro SP3. When using Boot Camp, My macbook uses RealTek driver for the sound card and i have seen that it is not able to generate enough sound from my laptop. I have many many users who all has such problem after installing Boot Camp on their macbook. Actually i have measured this issue on both the operating systems and found that the my headphone jack creates 1000mV power on Mac OS which was just 280mV on Windows OS.

Re: Low Sound Volume under Bootcamp Windows XP

Now it is so that I install the Realtek driver but then had to fix the sound problems with the native started Windows. I have just time tested, that I uninstalled the Realtek driver again, and right after the update to Boot Camp 3.1 drivers (which should also fix include at that problem with the bright sound output.) And after the installation I saw in Control Panel that again Realtek drivers have been installed (apparently by the Boot Camp Update 3.1).

Did the solution of the problem found in any forum. Simple Control Panel / Devices / Hardware Manager open. There you will find an unknown PCI device. Then double-click, then select "Reinstall Driver" and Windows will find the correct drivers automatically. Only the volume control still gives me trouble ... Does anyone have an idea?

In the Boot Camp drivers are already included so that after installation, this will confuse Boot Camp. Do you have a possibility to the archive (unzip) then you should extract from the Windows Control Panel, then Administrative Tools and then Device Manager in the place where sound is going to update drivers, Windows will find where the files so the problem should be solved. Funny, I find only be displayed when an Intel sound card from Creative Everest. Apple even talks about it after the Windows Installation only the Leopard DVD must be inserted and all drivers are installed.

Although I have all the tones on both partitions (Tiger and XP) is running Tiger with me the volume is always different. I have plugged in external speakers and when I unplug the the volume really loud either on or off. in vista there are the Mobility Center, where you can regulate all these things - there is something for Mac?

I can tell you is that I Windows 7 Snow Leo drivers have run without problems. I've even run on 2 computers via Boot Camp. Now knew not what could it be. Well I think yes, it is somehow related to the fact that the Unibody MacBook Pro 13 NEN input and output and is not separately input and output. Once you get the drivers of the snow leopard dvd, because leopard there to be problems with windows 7 that only run properly with vista.