Thread: What's your total backup solution?

What's your total backup solution?

How do you remain every one of your information secure? Do you rely exclusively on Time Machine or do utilize extra 3rd party services similar to Mozy or JungleDisk?I am seem for a whole backup answer for together OS X and my Windows Boot Camp separation. For me, Time Machine is not sufficient. I desire a way to defend beside total hard drive crash, so if my hard drive stop working I can boot from an exterior drive (for both Windows and Mac). What's would be my best backup solution? Any suggestion.

Re: What's your total backup solution?

I utilize Time Machine for my MBP except too utilize Syncopation to stay a backup of the entire my music/podcasts from my MBP on my Mac Mini which is associated to a MyBook. For my films I utilize Mozy and do a twice-a-week support for those. I don't support my Boot Camp drive, on the other hand, while it's simply games and they are on Steam.

IMO, something further than Time Machine to an exterior drive is extreme if not you have lots of mission-critical data. I support my whole MacBook drive (extra than a few large method files such as dictionaries) to an exterior drive. The ability that mutually will be unsuccessful at the similar time is very slim. Music is in my Music file which acquire backed up through Time Machine. Can return the whole system from that support via the set up CD. Older archived files are in Zip files in a "Safe Keeping" folder. Don't need more than that IMO.I think will help you to get the desired solution. I am not sure but I think this will work. I would like to suggest you to go through this may be it works for you.
    Last edited by jesse; 20-10-2010 at 05:35 AM.

I want to know that you’re exterior drive and your computer living in the similar home? Since the probabilities of fire or robbery are also "slim" but they occur. I have been creating a TM support to an exterior in my home office for a short time. I currently have an extra super-duper-ad bootable support at the parent's house, which I inform monthly. When I and my putter are at the rent, my TM support is at my house, so my support by no means at the same position. I also got a free drop box account that I mean to use to support current files, for a small added safety among my monthly off site backups. I think this may help you. Go through this.

Dr. V Guest

Yes I have the solution for your problem I think this will help you to get the desired solution.Use this software which is called as 4PSA Total Backup is the ultimate server backup solution. Targeted to server administrators, 4PSA Total Backup can automatically perform backups and store them on a remote server.With 4PSA Total Backup, server administrators can automate the backup process without sacrificing the machine up-time, stability, or performance. Lowest backup time is guaranteed by the incremental setup while reliability is highly increased by the remote storage capabilities. Backups can be encrypted, which means that you can store sensitive data on public storage machines.

I've had a combine of terrible practice with Time Machine. Each time I attempt and utilize it to return from time engine - when I have to reinstall os x the entire fixation not succeed. I have rebuilt the support plentiful times thoughts it was a corrupted folder but to no benefit However when I fresh installed by means of the disc I could then return everything - documents music pictures and all. Because this has occurred extra than once I at the present also utilize SuperDuper! Scheduled for week nights as well. This also assists when I desirable to format a 2.5inch hard disk and didn't have a case standby. I purely set it in my macbook, booted starting SuperDuper and did it from here. All good so yes, don't rely on only time machine.