Thread: Windows 7 on Boot Camp consumes extreme space!!

unsure Windows 7 on Boot Camp consumes extreme space!!

Yesterday I installed on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp Windows 7 Ultimate (64). Thereafter, all updates and still pulled upgrade to Boot Camp 3.1. Now occupied by my 40GB partition 19GB. Is this normal on this scale, or are there any files / updates etc. I can throw down? Something like Windows printer drivers, etc. I'll never need. Because under the current circumstances, I installed 3 games and the plate is full. Or can I install games on my external? I am new to this forum, so please forget my mistakes and help me as soon as possible. I also wanted to know about the MAC Address, since I am not having enough knowledge about it. Instead of making another thread, I thought to ask in this thread only. Hope that you members will not mind.

Re: Windows 7 on Boot Camp consumes extreme space!!

I always install all the Windows programs that are larger than a few hundred MB on my external hard drive as it will soon close on the internal partition yet. I am here in the last 3 years and over 50 games and programs installed yet come across what is not allowed to install on the external. To the Windows folder but still little to reduce still I am as yet to this procedure manual for everything that is not necessary to delete. Although originally designed for media PC's in the living room, but what the hell, since my system folder has only 7 GB. If you do so a bit of dare in the system folders to browse quite a good way to save some space. Is normal. Printer drivers occupy much space. Is it worth not to delete. Windows XP would be more economical, I was always on an 8 GB SCSI drive, there was still plenty of room. I have Settlers 6 on an external drive, which only needs to charge more, the game will run smoothly.

Most layer 2 protocol utilizes one of three numbering spaces synchronized by IEEE : MAC-48, EUI-48 and EUI-64. They are designed to be worldwide inimitable, even if not all communication protocols oblige that feature. The IEEE claims its rights on the names EUI-48 and EUI-64. (The symbol EUI stands for Extended Unique Identifier). The task of converting the addresses of Level 3 as the Internet Protocol addresses to the MAC layer 2 is frequently delegated to ARP . In broadcast networks such as Ethernet, the MAC address can inimitably identify each host and allows you to mark the frame as intended for the specific host. It is therefore within the datalink level, the support base for the protocols above the OSI model. The original MAC address IEEE 802, now legitimately called "MAC-48", comes from the specification of Ethernet. As those who initially designed the Ethernet had the foresight to use a 48-bit address space, we now have potentially less than 2 48 (ie 281.474.976.710.656) possible MAC addresses, a number that is practically impossible to reach before the cards Ethernet standard change. In this format (the currently most common), the 48 code bits are divided into 12 hex digits: the first 6 digits recognize the manufacturer of the network while the following are the serial number of the card. The MAC address is typically written in 6 octets separated by a hyphen (eg 00-50-A0-FC-67-2C) and the first three octets are called the OUI (Organizationally Unique Identifier). To address this type usually prefer the hexadecimal notation also to differentiate it from IP addresses that use the decimal notation.

Universally administered addresses are allocated to devices by their manufacturer, and are occasionally called burned-in addresses. The first three octets (in transmission order) recognize the manufacturer or the organization that issued the identifier and account for the Organizationally Unique Identifier (OUI). The subsequently three (MAC-48 and EUI-48) or five (EUI-64) octets are assigned by the producer only has to deference the uniqueness constraint. The IEEE requires that the MAC-48 space is not bushed before the year 2100, while not expected to exhaust the EUI-64 addresses in the reasonably near future. The locally administered addresses are assigned to a component from the network administrator, overriding the burned-in address. The locally administered addresses do not contain the OUI octets.

The MAC-48 and EUI-48 format are habitually symbolized in hexadecimal, each octet alienated by a dash or colon. An example of a MAC-48 address is "00-08-74-4C-7F-1D". Comparing the first three octets of OUI assignments with IEEE , [2] we can see how it belongs to Dell Corporation, and the last three octets signify the serial number assigned to the component manufacturer. Each card has a exclusive address for the first 24 bits are the manufacturer and the subsequent identification of the card. In this way, every manufacturer has at its disposal addresses, so it can produce more than 16 million ballots, if a manufacturer produces less, the addresses (48 bit) is not assigned are lost, they cannot be used by other manufacturers.

We know the MAC address of network interfaces by running the ipconfig command in the console followed by the parameter / all (ipconfig / all). Running this command displays all network interfaces on the system and its information, along with the MAC address for each, expressed in hexadecimal. There is also an executable program, very easy to use, called winipcfg, which provides information on all network interfaces thorough and highly organized. Only works on Windows 95 and Windows versions 98. For Windows XP, you can use from the Command Prompt (Old MS-DOS) the command "ipconfig / all" which will give us information about your computer's network interfaces. The following shows the command ipconfig / all:
    Code:
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: 
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix. : 
    Description. . . . . . . . . . . : Intel (R) PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection 
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-09-6B-5F-4E-DB 
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No 
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.120.95 
    Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 
    Default Gateway. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.120.1 
    DNS Servers. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.120.3 
    Primary WINS Server. . . . . . . : 192.168.120.3

Under Windows, the MAC address is stored in a registry key. To change a MAC address, can find the key with regedit and change it. Windows XP sometimes adds an option to change the MAC address on some network cards under Advanced tab in the menu on the characteristics of the network adapter. A much easier and more confidence to change a MAC address under Windows is to use a software utility program designed to do this for you.