Thread: YouTube slow on Mac but fast on Windows Vista

YouTube slow on Mac but fast on Windows Vista

I am using MacBook in which work with Mac OS but it is creating problem while playing videos in youtube because of which I am not able not see the video. It is taking too much time to buffer video which is small enough to get buffered easily. I am not able to fix the problem for such slow buffering in my Mac OS, so want to know what can be the reason for it. When i tried to play the same video in my friend’s laptop which works on Windows vista operating system the process is really fast and buffering was done at comparatively fast speed than in Mac operating system so i am thinking that there is problem with my operating system in MacBook. I have Mac OS 10.6.1 15.4" Unibody MacBook Pro with Intel Core i7processor at the speed of 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 500 GB @ 5400 RPM HD so what is the major issue with this.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 22-10-2010 at 04:32 AM. Reason: content edited

Re: YouTube slow on Mac but fast on Windows Vista

Your problem with Mac operating system not able to buffer the youtube videos fast can be because of Flash-based videos play poorly or use more resources than necessary on Mac and it is not supporting properly or not compatible with your system because of which you are not able to view the video at the speed which you should view. You can try to get the flash player for your system to resolve your such problem with youtube this ca n be the simplest solution of your such problem. I think you should definitely try this solution to resolve the issue.

I don't there is any problem with your operating system but it may be problem with your MacBook in which there can be some software problem because of which you are not able to use the internet connection properly so i think you should resolve that issue before come to conclusion that its problem with your operating system which is creating such problem so to resolve such problem of your software try to get the best software which can help you to play the video in youtube. This might resolve your problem if it is because of any software issue.

There can be multiple issue because of which such problem can happen, it can be problem with your Macbook for which you should visit to the Apple service center where your problem will be resolved. Other than this is the problem can be because of internet connection which you are using may not be serving you with the signal strength which is needed to play the videos in youtube and buffer them continuously. So just try to fix what kind issue is creating such problem in your MacBook.

Dr. V Guest

You are using older version of the Mac operating system so go for update to Mac OS 10.6.4 and after which your Problem should be solved and load a youtube video. Other than this you can also try the HTML5 beta of youtube and repeat the procedure which will surely resolve your problem. If your problem is solved by such solution then it is weird, but if your problem still exists then it is definitly not flash or youtube causing such problems but problem is with your connectivity. You have to resolve your connectivity problem with service provider of your internet.