Thread: How to update the latest Boot Camp Drivers for Windows?

How to update the latest Boot Camp Drivers for Windows?

I have installed Boot Camp on my Macbook Pro laptop by using the Leopard DVD. Since the 10.5.2 version have came out, There have been updates for the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows but i never updated it. Anyway, I say that Late it Never Too Late! So now i am in search of the latest drivers for Boot Camp of Windows.

Re: How to update the latest Boot Camp Drivers for Windows?

Users of Mac OS X Leopard know since Apple provides on the DVD system installation a series of drivers for Windows to properly take care of the equipment Macs. First compatible with Windows XP and Vista, so it was logical that Windows 7 be counted in the lot, but support is not actually official. I have never faced problematic to install the drivers for the mac os x but it becomes issue sometime for finding the driver after updates on Windows operating system. So you better get ready with the drivers before updating anything related to your Windows OS.

Installing the latest Windows on an Intel Mac does not pose more problems than Vista, especially since the drivers for it work in theory. However, the Boot Camp drivers supplied with Snow Leopard work much better and installed without problem. The wizard performs the entire installation as a large, at least 32 bits, because 64-bit systems require some additional manipulation. However, although all these drivers are working, support for Windows 7 is not official.

I suggest you to better find an drivers first on your Macbook having windows os. Actually it seems to be the problem most of the time finding the drivers not compatible 100% after an update. This kind of problems mostly appears when you have updated your Windows online. Best way to update anything is from CD. I suggest you to do the same and if you have updated already then you won't be able to downgrade it i guess. So you can uninstall it completely from your system if you have an executable file of an older one.

We must not follow the instruction which starts when you put the CD, but go to the desktop and then open the dvd and go to the directory BOOTCAMP DVD and click on Setup. Indeed the former (before the arrival of the MacBook Air) is the bootcamp driver threw myself when the cd on windows. Since the MacBook did is installing the system cd remote that launches. Need to go to the directory or even the bootcamp cd (from My Computer in Windows). I encounter the same problem when switching from old macbook to my new MacBook Pro.

Dr. V Guest

I think I know why you have this problem. I made a backup copy of the Leopard DVD and surprise the CD partition visible to windows driver does not boot camp. In my opinion the DVD should be multi track out of which main track could be for Mac OS X and Bootcamp could be on secondary runway so that while copying, only the primary partition is copied. If you owned an original yet tested it. I can upload the drivers if necessary.