Thread: Switched to OSX 10.6.4,So why do I prefer Linux?

Switched to OSX 10.6.4,So why do I prefer Linux?

I am using 15 inch core i5 MacBook Pro before which I was using Linux in my machine mainly for fedora and ubuntu . I know that ubuntu 10.10 is the latest and secure and intuitive operating system that controls desktops, servers, netbooks and laptops etc. But after switching to OSX from which I expect speed, stability, virus-free environment, it is fine working with Mac OS X. So I not able to judge which is the best to use so if anyone have any positive and negative points of both please do reply to solve my confusion with both.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 22-10-2010 at 04:32 AM. Reason: content edited

Re: Switched to OSX 10.6.4,So why do I prefer Linux?

Both of them have there qualities which can be used to get the best possible results individually. Mac OS X enable you to use compiz and docky to have a fancy desktop on your machine which work fine if you use it with the Pentium 4 machine this is one of the best thing about Mac OS X which can be consider best about it. So i don't think you have to think about Linux again as you have move to much more advance technology with Mac OSX 10.6.4.

The difference which i find in them is that it is easier to locate good open source software for your Mac OS X. This can be possible because you have been provided with so many options for any given type of software but on Linux to have the software you have to filter throughout a group of garbage before you find best software for Linux that does the functions what you want to have without compromise. But the Open source software used in Linux is also isolated based on desktop environment and packaging.

I have used both Mac OS X and Linux I think both are placed well in the market by providing functionality which are needed by all users. But Mac OS X isn't about graphical where as Linux do have much graphics compare to Mac OS X. Linux have Compiz which is, but Mac OS X think on professional point of view as it has much clean look as opposed to overdoing it has a small graphical effect. The universal theme in OS X is good compare to the customizations in Linux. So I do go for Mac OS X on Linux but its your choice to stay with Mac OS X with your MacBook Pro.

I was also searching for the same thing comparison between the two operating system Linux and Mac OS X. But didn't get any actually reason to stay with Linux or Mac OS X so if anyone have much features of both which can consider to stay with the particular OS. But i like two applications from the Linux that are fedora and ubuntu which are great to use so this may be reason so that i prefer to move to Linux leaving Mac OS X.