Thread: Getting rid of message "Time Machine could not complete the backup"?

Getting rid of message "Time Machine could not complete the backup"?

I newly execute a fresh install of SL and have had a small number of troubles hence far. I erase my old TM backups and in progress a new series; TM appear to work well yet again. In fact, what disturbs me is that while my exterior HD is not connected, I stay getting this message "Time Machine could not absolute the backup. The backup disk is not accessible" each hour or so. Not astonishing on a portable computer, I would state. Is this an suggestion of a trouble with my TM? In case this memo is presently a prompt to support regularly: Is there any way to get rid of it? Thanks for the better suggestion.

Re: Getting rid of message "Time Machine could not complete the backup"?

Fix your permissions by way of Disk Utility, it may help. Or in relation to presently going to the favorite section and turning the time machine back-ups to off? You would clearly require turning it reverse on once more to back stuff up. Except it would discontinue the messages. It isn't analytical of a problem by means of the time machine back up; it’s presently a prompt that you require to back stuff up. Turn it off if you aren't using it. I think this may be helpful to you try doing this.

Attempt this, unluckily to no benefit. Exchange off Time Machine might facilitate, except I believe it is also a great deal of an upset to turn it on and off each time. In Leopard it uses to be probable to remain TM on, simply assembling backups each time the TM HD was increased. Any other ideas which will be beneficial to solve the particular problem?

Have you effectively done a backup up till now seeing as installing Snow Leopard? That screenshot would appear to recommend not. It appear, as of that image, similar to you turned on Time Machine, except it doesn’t be acquainted with what drive to do backups on. After that time your Time Machine drive is associated, click the “Select Disk” button in the Time Machine preference and be positive to point it at the drive. In accumulation to this you can try this in time machine preferences:
    • First of you need to turn off the time machine for getting the result effectively.
    • I think you need to change the disk to none option which will be associated to the first point.
    • And after this change the disk which you are using to your normal backup disk which is very essential
    • After doing all this just turn on the time machine and see if you have got the solution.

I had this difficulty, so I did a new set up of OS X 10.6.3 from the CD, efficient the OS, and at rest got the similar mistake. After that I went into Disk Utility, chosen the exterior drive I wanted to utilize, and did a fix Disk on the exterior drive. When fix Disk done, Time Machine started on it’s possess by means of no difficulty.

If it happens then initial you require repairing and confirming the disk. For that here is the condition of Disk Utility. To fix the thin bundle on a Time capsule, attach via an Ethernet cable if you be able to; it will be actually faster. After this you require increasing the thin bundle by opening the TC in the Finder and double click on the thin bundle. Drag the thin Bundle to the disk utility sidebar and choose it. With the preferred divider or thin bundle chosen, click on the Repair Disk (no permissions) key. It will take time, particularly if on a Time Capsule. If the mistake establishes but not all of them were fixing then you can use the fix Disk again until it fixes the mistake.

I think you need to follow the following steps to sort out the problem I think this may help you to get the desired solution. Just go through these steps.
    • Put in the Install Disc for Snow Leopard and resume at the same time as holding the “C” Key. It will acquire little instant.
    • Subsequently screen decide Utilities in the Menu Bar and then Disk Utility
    • It will also Repairs Disk on your Internal HD.
    • Later than its conclusion reboot the system in general

If following doing all of these, still you are getting the troubles then you require using the professional 3 rd party Disk fix application so as to be able to recover the missing data from the tainted Mac Hard Drive. For this intention you can rely on the Mac Data Recovery Software as this is able to pick up the data from the misplaced or tainted volumes and also repair the Time Machine thin bundle files. Download the Mac Data Recovery, fix it and execute the recovery procedure at the same time as choosing the thin bundle. It is the resolution of mistake 109 in Time Machine.