Thread: Windows 7 Black Screen On Start Up on dell laptop

Windows 7 Black Screen On Start Up on dell laptop

When i start my dell laptop it shows the dell boot load bar and then my screen goes completely black. There seems no problem in my hardware as i ran a diagnostic test. My graphics card also works fine because it shows fine color and movement across the screen . i have tried booting in safe mode but not able to login. At present i am using windows 7 operating system. Please if anybody be able to tell me how to fix this problem as I am not able to utilize my laptop.

Re: Windows 7 Black Screen On Start Up on dell laptop

I also had faced the similar problem and I have resolved using the following solution.Restart your laptop and keep on pressing F8 key as soon as it starts. You will get a advanced booting menu with a list of options. On this screen select “Repair My Computer” option. Then you will get a window to select the keyboard layout (I recommend to keep the default setting and click next). Then select the language and click next. You determine to reach system recovery tools. From this list select system restore. Now select a restore point when your laptop was in good condition according to you. Choose the restore point and click next. Your system determine to restore to that point after restarting.

Thanks enriquee I was also facing the same problem and I have tried doing all this steps but it’s not resolving my issue. I have restored my computer to the previous working condition point but the issue still persists. I even tried going to safe mode but as soon as I start the safe mode the system hangs up after displaying some lines and restarts automatically. I think there might be problem with the operating system. Can you provide me with proper solution for this issue.

It seems that there might be some tribulations in booting or some system file which is used for booting might have been corrupted or deleted. you can try the startup repair option from the system recovery tools. This will scan all your startup files and try to repair the corrupted file automatically. If the issues still persists you have to re-install the operating system but this will delete all your application you have installed and also the data you have copied. May be re-installation of the OS might help you.

You shall try the “last known configuration” from advanced boot menu by hitting F8 key after you restart your system. This will boot your laptop from the last successful shutdown of your system. If this does not resolve your problem then I recommend you to go for the re-installation of the operating system. This will delete all the data from that drive. If your data is important to you then you can try parallel installation ie installing the OS in some other drive or some other hard disc. This will help you boot from other drive and then you will be able to copy your data to some other external device. Hope this information might help you in a better way