Thread: Macbook Pro won't boot from Snow Leopard DVD but will from Leopard

Macbook Pro won't boot from Snow Leopard DVD but will from Leopard

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up Snow Leopard which I purchase over at finest buy. I purchased a latest hard drive used for the macbook pro put it in, I started on the computer with pop in the Snow Leopard DVD and it appear similar to it does this cycle where the DVD spins up 3 times and then the computer lastly presently throw out it. I consider the DVD was bad, fortunately I bought 2 trade copies, put the other one in similar trouble. I have a duplicate of Leopard, I place that in, occasionally it will do the same thing, spin up 3 times and throw out, but then it lastly booted from the DVD and with about eight minutes gone to fix it fails, because yet with the Leopard DVD close to the end up the install, the computer remain spinning the DVD and end, then the set up finally not succeed. Are there any suggestions you guys may have? I rearrange the PRAM and SMU however it didn't help. Thanks in advance for the guidance. Please help me regarding this problem.

Re: Macbook Pro won't boot from Snow Leopard DVD but will from Leopard

I am having the identical problem. Presently purchased the latest macbook pro and required to do a spotless snow leopard set up on it. The dvd spins a pair of times and after that immediately freezes on the gray display with apple's sign. The dvd boots very well on my other macbook pro. The new macbook pro boots very well from the snow leopard set up dvd integrated in the box. But because that's also overstuffed, I wanted a fresh start.

I think you should to try this as my friend have tried the same when he was have this identical problem with his system.
    • First thing just Insert Snow Leopard disc while OS X is running in the system.
    • After this you have to restart the system.

Strange fixation is that it will boot as of the Leopard disc that came among the machine. What I believe is actually unusual is that when the display goes black, the white display (that indicate whether the mac is asleep or not) is off. I believe the Mac is successively, other than the display is off. This not at all occurred to me ahead of. I am possibly going to get it in tomorrow. But I imagine I am going to grasp down the D key as soon as I place in the disc that came through my Mac. I am so pleased that this object is still beneath warranty.

I booted keen on my Bootcamp Windows fixing and install the newest drivers as of the Snow Leopard disc which I newly acquired (and came nowadays)This gave me the alternative to interpret files (and most probably duplicate) starting from the mac separation but no erase function.
    I have two problems here:
    • I just have 2.61GB free on the mac separation, Snow Leopard need at least 5GB. While I can't boot keen on OS X and Windows cannot write to the separation I cannot delete some files.
    • My mac won't boot the Snow Leopard DVD for setting up. I seize C at the time of booting and it has no consequence.
    It does on the other hand run the Hardware tests if I seize D while booting.I have an exterior drive I could perhaps build sufficient room on to reverse up my whole osx separation for a thoroughly fresh re-install. Though this needs a few sort of entrance to the drive/write potential. Perhaps somewhat similar to bootable linux? And some idea why my disc won't boot? (Even if I had sufficient room for an install. That would be a bit useless if I can't get the disc to boot) Thanks for any help with this!

I think this problem may be solved by following these steps. You should go through these points perhaps they may be helpful to you. They are as follows:
    • You do require a boot loader Chameleon be supposed to be the option, except there is extra condition. It's in your installer DVD.
    • If you utilize Disk Utility to produce your SL divider after that it should exist major (remove and format are presently in favor of changing file types).
    • Divider kind is significant as Chameleon boot loader can simply boot to a major partition.
    • In disk utility if you choose partition information, afterward it would show whether or not it's bootable, sense major or extended/logical.
    • As long as you choose accurate second/third boot tool (which is your hard disk).

Dr. V Guest

It seems that it is related to the harddisk of your system and its partition as well as setup which is very imported to the installation. I think to solve your problem you should to give more information so it is possible to solve your problem. In this way I will come to know what you have done actually. Hope you will reply soon.