Thread: msmpeng.exe:Using my whole CPU capacity

msmpeng.exe:Using my whole CPU capacity

When I have seen last week my PC was working without no issue. But from this week I have installed one software and then after an hour I have seen that there is an application running which is msmpeng.exe. When I have seen this through task manager in the process then I have found that this application is using around the at 90% to 97% cpu. And I have also noticed that my Microsoft Antimalware gets off. I think all these issues are happening because of this application. Currently I am using windows 7 as the operating system. So If have any idea then please try to help me.

Re: msmpeng.exe:Using my whole CPU capacity

The reason behind this I mean using almost all amount of the CPU is because of the conflicting security program getting left in to the place before installing the MSE. MSMPENG. And one thing about the MSE. MSMPENG is it uses a lot of the CPU at the time of scanning. Just wait for the two to three days more and if your problem is still there so you just report about this bug to the Microsoft. And the bug reports are submitted through the Microsoft Connect web site which is especially for the Microsoft Security Essentials. So to report the bug you just click to here.

I was also facing the same issue and regarding this I have tried most of the solution which is suggested by my cousin, friend and uncle but none of them worked for me so I have tried the solution which you have given here. I mean I have reported regarding the issue to the Microsoft and from there they told me to reinstall your operating system so I have tried this and it solved my issue I just want to thank you here. And I think it is happen because of the free version of this software this is the price which we have to pay regarding the free software.

Around two weeks ago I was also facing the similar issue and regarding this I have tried the different solution which is given on the forum site but from that solution also I was not able to get the correct answer. And at that time I was also not using this for scan even though it is utilizing my full CPU capacity. But then I have tried your solution I have also reinstall the operating system and then start this application and I have found that my problem gets fixed. I just want to thank you.

Same here I was also facing this issue since long time. And regarding this I have visited most of the site and from one of the forum site? I have got the solution of this issue. So I just want to share that with you guys. And also I want to tell you here Is that it very safe also. So regarding this I have downloaded the the ThumbsPlus application which is very cool and when I have installed it and check the cpu utilization by the task then I have found that it takes the little or no CPU uses. So I just want here that you people also give a try related to this solution. And one thing I have forgets the link of this so you just search it on the net and install it. I am sure it will going to help you a lot.

Here I just want to share with you the issue which is currently I am facing regarding the same thread. So I am using the windows vista home premium and I have read all the post which is given here and I have tried that also but is not working sufficiently in my system. And also the software which is given here I have tried that also but it corrupt my system so if you have any other solution related to this issue then please try to post as soon as it is possible for you. Any suggestion would be appreciated .