Thread: "Documents in this folder are not available..." Error while access web based folders

"Documents in this folder are not available..." Error while access web based folders

Just freshly I started to get the error message "Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may have been moved, deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server." Each time I attempt to access my web-based folders. These was working before but newly it blocked working. I am not definite whether a security patch I applied is doing all this or not but I require it to work again. I am running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1.

Re: "Documents in this folder are not available..." Error while access web based folders

If you try to search a Web folder that is in a Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2001 workspace saved, the following error message: In this folder there are no documents available. The folder has been moved or deleted, or a connection to the server is not accessible due to network problems may be. This problem can occur if you have Microsoft Office XP, and contains the name of the Web folder extended characters. Extended characters of each of the 128 additional characters in the extended ASCII 8-bit character set. These signs include signs in several languages other than English, such as accents and special characters that are used to create images.

Re: "Documents in this folder are not available..." Error while access web based folders

A hotfix to solve this trouble is now obtainable from Microsoft, hotfix, but it is just planned to resolve the issue described in last posts. You have to apply for this hotfix just to systems that are facing this definite difficulty. Hotfix also to gets extra testing. If you are not relentlessly exaggerated by this trouble, Microsoft recommends that you can also use SharePoint Portal Server 2001 service pack that contains this hotfix. To solve this issue right away, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix.

Change your proxy server to a DAV compliant proxy server. To this, follow these steps:
    1. In Control Panel, double-click Internet Options, and then click the Connection tab.
    2. In the list of connections, click the connection that you are using to access the Internet, and then click Settings.
    3. Type the URL for a DAV-compliant proxy server in the Address box, and then type the associated port number in the Port box.
    4. Restart your computer.

The issue is an old-fashioned version of WebDAV, which creates problem if there are “& “ in the names of folder or file. Verify for such characters in your file or folder names. If they exist then you have to remove them and then check for accessing them. Usually I have faced this problem on Windows 2000 Server. At some point I got an upgraded version of WebDAV and it solved this issue. I'm running Windows Server 2008 now and the problem has came up again with the WebDAV module. I've supplemented to the server. Hopefully, Latest version will solve this issue like before.