Thread: Removing Internet Explorer wallpaper

Removing Internet Explorer wallpaper

I am using Windows XP operating system on my machine and i have recently bought this system. I have bought an internet connection on this machine. It runs very much smoothly as i haven't loaded anything much on its hard drive but anyways its gonna happen anytime. For time being I just used my internet connection for downloading some wallpapers and i have set one of them as my desktop wallpaper. These files were on the desktop. But when i am trying to remove this wallpaper then it is not removing. I have gone to the "Display" then "Desktop" and then locating item has been listed as "Internet Explorer Wallpaper". I have searched for the wallpaper but nothing was there too. What i am missing here?

Re: Removing Internet Explorer wallpaper

Here i have provided the way to restore the default wallpaper of the desktop Internet Explorer.
    1. Click Start, point to Settings, Control Panel, then double-click Display.
    2. In the Background tab, click Browse.
    3. In the File Types box, click Background Files.
    4. In Internet Explorer for Windows 95 or Windows NT, click the file Wallpapr.htm in the Windows \ Web \ Wallpaper, and then click Open.
    5. In Windows 98, click on the file Windows98.htm in the Windows \ Web \ Wallpaper, and then click Open.
    6. Click OK.

My daughter has even a "Snoopy wallpaper" from the Internet download. As this picture is actually very is confusing, I wanted to remove it, ie, I all entries with the name "Snoopy ...." deleted. Scour the hard drive even after all the JPG and BMP graphics, and check them out. Easier said than done, especially JPG are linked to "thousands". I do not know how I look as intended. In Snoopy.jpg Unfortunately there is no direct entry. Should read the graphics differently, how could she find it? I can not watch any video ;-(((. Moreover, I am using Windows XP.

First Avatar - images are only used by Windows as a background image if you should have enabled the active desktop. Otherwise come only bmp images in question. Which are normally in c: \ windows. For multiple users, but perhaps in a folder c: \ windows \ user ... and then there or in a subfolder. That the image only shows up at the beginning imho speaks for the fact that the standard user the image, use your login name manages but again no picture on the desktop. Typical 'downloaded from the Internet Wallpaper "hot" Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp "or something similar. I suggest you to check that this problem is regarding to which picture file as if it is a BMP one then i guess using the JPG would be better to find out. You can even use windows search function which helps you to find out the file.

Had also been times that the images were then virtually superimposed. Choose the Control Panel under Display -> Background simply "No" and then boot. Then you can select your desired image. The long boot and shutdown should be done with it. As for the final removal of the image: Did you use the search? Start -> Run -> Search for files and folders, and then enter the name of the image times.
    In addition, from Start -> Run: "regedit" (without "") to enter, and under Edit -> Find and search for the name and delete entries found. But be careful: You should at changes to the registry to know what you are doing!

Among the programs: I assume you mean programs that are started at boot. What is it in for you?
    Under Start -> Programs -> Startup part of these programs is listed, the links can optionally be deleted. The other part is available through the registry: Start -> Run enter "regedit" (without ""). Navigate to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run
    Redundant entries you can delete from the key. But please delete only entries where you're safe! Entries that you can not be assigned, you are the best!

Best and simplest way to get rid of this issue of wallpaper would be to select any images as a Desktop Wallpaper on your hard drive. Actually you have to go the directory where you have saved an images which you have downloaded from an internet connection. Once you are in the directory then right click on an image which you would like to have as a desktop wallpaper on your Windows XP machine. Right click on it and then click on the Set As Wallpaper. Now go directly to the desktop where you would be having a wallpaper which you have just set now.