Thread: Send to Desktop option not available when Right clicked

Send to Desktop option not available when Right clicked

I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows Xp. The problem is that when I right click on the folder or application I do not get the option of Desktop (Create Shortcut) under send to option. I have no idea what could have caused this. I have tried a lot of stuffs hoping it would then help me out for getting the issue to be resolved but still I am not able to solve the problem. Please help me out for sorting the thing and make the changes to be processed well. Hope to get sort the change as needed and I would then get the things needed. Suggest the implementation which will let the thing to get solved and lead to conclusion which is essential. Please help.

Re: Send to Desktop option not available when Right clicked

There is a better way through which you can make the aspect to be performed well for sorting the thing. All you need to do is to follow out the certain process that is been mentioned. As this is been done you may then be able to get the implementation to be processed that is Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"User" (your username goes there).Then go to Tools - Folder Options (View tab). Make sure you have "Hide File Extensions" unchecked and you want to view hidden folders. Now you will see a folder called "SendTo". This is where those items reside for the right click - send to option. To get your desktop one back, create a new text file and rename it whatever you want with .DeskLink as the file extension. The default would look like this:"Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink" Now you can addup whatever you want to the same. Check well and function accordingly.

In order to perform the task well for making the changes to get sort well is by processing the task. I am suggesting and giving you some guidance which will be helpful and so get the implementation done as required. It will be better for you. First you need to Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer or Windows NT Explorer. On the View menu, click Folder Options (or Options). On the View tab, click to clear the Hide file extensions for known file types (or Hide MS-DOS file extensions for file types that are registered) check box, and then click OK. In Windows 95/98, navigate to the Windows\SendTo folder, and in Windows NT navigate to the Winnt\Profiles\<username>\SendTo folder, where <username> is the name you use to log on to Windows NT. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Text Document. Type "Desktop as Shortcut.DESKLINK" (without quotation marks), and then press ENTER. Click Yes, and then quit Windows Explorer or Windows NT Explorer.Make the process to be implemented as assisted. It will surely let you to a better conclusion then. Hope this will be better.

The system reinstallation will a better option. You need to make a clean install of Windows Xp. Al you need to do is to get the Windows XP utility disc and then restart your computer. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message on the screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD. The following message on the Welcome to Setup screen will appear: This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer: To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER. To repair a Windows XP installation by using Recovery Console, press R. To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3. Press ENTER to set up Windows XP. On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement. Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP. This is a better option for the thing.

Another way through which you can make the implementation well to be processed is by functioning that is Insert the disc to the drive. Now you need to click Install Windows XP. On the Welcome to Windows Setup page, click Upgrade (Recommended) in the Installation Type box (if it is not already selected), and then click Next. On the License Agreement page, click I accept this agreement, and then click Next. On the Your Product Key page, type the 25-character product key in the Product key boxes, and then click Next. On the Get Updated Setup Files page, select the option that you want, and then click Next. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to reinstall Windows XP. So make the desired change which will be better for you and function out the desired aspect which will be helpful and may then process out for the implemented changes.

Performing a system restore will also be helpful and you may then be able to process well for the change. I hope this is the best way through which you can make the desired things to be performed well. Basically System Restore tool to return your computer to a previous state. System Restore takes "snapshots" of critical system files and some program files and registry settings and stores this information as restore points. If your computer is not functioning correctly, you can use these restore points to return Windows XP to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly. It can also change scripts, batch files, and other kinds of executable files on your computer. So in order to get the changes to vbe worked perform the system restore.